FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Which phonostage for DV 10 X 5 Mk2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Come back & let us know how you get on Ian.Thumbs Up

Yes, please do.
We are here to help.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 2:24pm
Hi Ian,
   I went from a PP2 to a Reflex M some time ago and it was a revelation. Your cart is also vastly superior to what I was using at the time, so I imagine your step up would be even greater. It was no contest. 
Good luck!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Ian B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 3:08pm
Thanks for your support, Guys, much appreciated.
I was beginning to think that I had made a big mistake joining this forum, and looking to get a Graham Slee phonostage.
I see that there are two PSU's available for some of the 'stages, whereas the top of the range ones use the top of the more expensive one(s). Surely it would be best to only have the one psu for the  lower models in the range ? It would make more sense to me to only have the best for the best, as the xtra money for the  better psu  puts the lower range into the upper range ,pricewise. Just my initial thoughts, but tell me if you still use the entry level psu's with your phonostages, or have up-graded them since original purchase, please ? Cheers
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm
Hello Ian. I got a PSU1 as an upgrade of the DIY kit 'Genera' that came with the SMPS supply and was very happy with the music I heard afterwards. I kept the PSU1 for a long time, using it with a Reflex M (the multi-EQ version called Revelation M) eventually getting it upgraded to an Enigma PSU1 once I heard the loan Enigma with my Accession MC. That's a decade and a lot of records played.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 12:04am
Hi Ian,
  The step from the standard to the PSU1 is significant. The lower end models (still superior to price competitors in my experience), also benefit from the PSU1, but this brand has always been about the best possible value for money. Models like the Reflex M really give their best with the PSU1. Indeed, when it was top of the line not too long ago the PSU1 was the obvious match. 
The Enigma power supply is a recent development designed for the Accession, but many have tried it with other products and report benefits. As they say, your mileage may vary.
Having the upgrade option available for the lower models is a nice way to split the cost over time. Having had products with all three power supplies, I can assure you that each is supplied with the appropriate power source, but the upgrade options are always there. My personal two cents? If you’re buying a Reflex M, you really shouldn’t short change it. Get the PSU1 if you can afford it right away. 
Happy listening,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Ian B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 8:21am
Thanks for all your help, Guys, much appreciated.
I have decided, for the time being, to just stay with what I already have. I think it best to get an LP cleaning machine, as none of my collection have ever been cleaned. Plenty to do in the run-up to Christmas, then, assuming that it is not 'cancelled' like everything else !!!! Clap

Edited by Ian B - 08 Oct 2020 at 8:22am
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:41am
You won't regret getting a good record cleaner Ian. A Moth or similar do a great job.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic