FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

USA Loaner Program

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 12:05am
As the owner of the PSU1 on Solo SRG, then SRGII and now the UL you will not be disappointed.
Miguel
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 11:04am
On Tuesday February 28 of 2012 I shipped Robert the Solo UL w/ PSU1, a Novo, and a second switching wall wart to listen comment. I look forward to his impressions.
Miguel
bmbrown911 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bmbrown911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:21am
Not sure if this is the place to post impressions but will go ahead and leave a few thoughts. Recieved the Novo and Solo UL on Mar.1 and instead of working my way up the ladder I figured I would jump right into the UL. My original intention was to find out if purchasing the Novo would tide me over well enough or if the UL was worth all that extra moolah. Not to my surprise after just listening for 2 days so far I can resoundingly say it sounds more then worth it to me. First thing that caught my attention right off the bat was the bass. Holly cow there was a lot more of it then I'm used to when listening with headphones. Not only a lot but very in control and detailed. It's never been this easy for me to follow the bass lines in my music. Definitely a winner in that category. It's also VERY! resolving. I've been through many different head amps of all different price categories and was hearing things in my music I had no clue were there. From one end to the other it just sounds phenominal. This is what I've been wanting out of my headphones. You would think with all this praise that I wouldn't have anything to say about the Novo but I have done some listening. Not enough to really get a handle on it's sound quality yet. Plus Mrarroyo said it may need a bit of running in yet. Initial impressions was that it was very articulate. Lyrics in music were extremely easy to understand, bass was good too but not as detailed as the UL which is to be expected. Overall the little bit I did listen to it though I was thoroughly impressed but I think the UL pretty much spoils a person if they get to hear it. If it didn't exist I would probably spring for the Novo but I guess on the bright side Graham will make more money off of me if I end up with the UL...lol. Longer write up then I was intending but wanted to put some of my thoughts down in case anyone was interested. Cheers!
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 12:07pm
Glad you are enjoying the units, the Solo UL is fully burnt in but the Novo has not been touched. Just keep both on all the time and when using the switching wall-wart I would ground the amp using the post on the back face. Enjoy it!
Miguel
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmbrown911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 12:38pm
While listening to the Novo with the switching PSU I never heard any of the high pitch whine or whatever it is that some people experience when it's not grounded. I guess I'm lucky. 
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 3:05pm
Actually lightly run your fingers over the Novo, if you feel a tingling sensation then it should be grounded.
Miguel
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmbrown911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:38am
Don't have anything to ground it with or too. I've never had to ground any audio equipment except for some car stereo stuff. 

Edited by bmbrown911 - 04 Mar 2012 at 5:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic