Print Page | Close Window

USA Loaner Program

Printed From: Graham Slee at Hifi System Components
Category: Find what you're looking for here!
Forum Name: US Loaner Program
Forum Description: A memers only service in the US
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1220
Printed Date: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: USA Loaner Program
Posted By: mrarroyo
Subject: USA Loaner Program
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 11:21am
Test post, will be changed to "the real thing" shortly.

-------------
Miguel

Replies:
Posted By: J.Coade
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:22pm
Migue are there any loners of the PSU1 for Canada I would be interested in trying one .Thanks Jim

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 11:17am
Hi Jim and thanks for your interest. Well, the main issue with Canada is going through customs. Sadly I have had one or two instances that it has taken several weeks to clear instead of the usual week or so. Let me get a quote from USPS with insurance and delivery confirmation and get back with you in the next couple of days so we can discuss further.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: bmbrown911
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 8:07am
How does this loner program work and who are we supposed to get in touch with if were interested in it?

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 11:19am
Easy bmbrown911, if you are interested and you reside in CONUS you send me a PM with the gear you would like to try. I then respond with the cost to ship insured to your door which you are to send me via PayPal (with verified address). You then try the gear for two weeks and return to me insured.

J.Coade I am sorry but I rather not ship across borders and involve customs in both directions. Sorry.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: Graham Slee
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 12:01pm
What we need here is a Canadian member who has the ability and patience to run a Canadian loan scheme (voluntarily) and who has the enthusiasm and time to be a moderating contributor here.

-------------
Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...

Posted By: J.Coade
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 1:01pm
Thanks Miguel my self I would rather put the expenses toword the actual purchase ,I wil just buy the PSU1 .I have the faith that I will not be disapointed. Regards Jim

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 12:05am
As the owner of the PSU1 on Solo SRG, then SRGII and now the UL you will not be disappointed.

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 11:04am
On Tuesday February 28 of 2012 I shipped Robert the Solo UL w/ PSU1, a Novo, and a second switching wall wart to listen comment. I look forward to his impressions.

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:21am
Not sure if this is the place to post impressions but will go ahead and leave a few thoughts. Recieved the Novo and Solo UL on Mar.1 and instead of working my way up the ladder I figured I would jump right into the UL. My original intention was to find out if purchasing the Novo would tide me over well enough or if the UL was worth all that extra moolah. Not to my surprise after just listening for 2 days so far I can resoundingly say it sounds more then worth it to me. First thing that caught my attention right off the bat was the bass. Holly cow there was a lot more of it then I'm used to when listening with headphones. Not only a lot but very in control and detailed. It's never been this easy for me to follow the bass lines in my music. Definitely a winner in that category. It's also VERY! resolving. I've been through many different head amps of all different price categories and was hearing things in my music I had no clue were there. From one end to the other it just sounds phenominal. This is what I've been wanting out of my headphones. You would think with all this praise that I wouldn't have anything to say about the Novo but I have done some listening. Not enough to really get a handle on it's sound quality yet. Plus Mrarroyo said it may need a bit of running in yet. Initial impressions was that it was very articulate. Lyrics in music were extremely easy to understand, bass was good too but not as detailed as the UL which is to be expected. Overall the little bit I did listen to it though I was thoroughly impressed but I think the UL pretty much spoils a person if they get to hear it. If it didn't exist I would probably spring for the Novo but I guess on the bright side Graham will make more money off of me if I end up with the UL...lol. Longer write up then I was intending but wanted to put some of my thoughts down in case anyone was interested. Cheers!

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 12:07pm
Glad you are enjoying the units, the Solo UL is fully burnt in but the Novo has not been touched. Just keep both on all the time and when using the switching wall-wart I would ground the amp using the post on the back face. Enjoy it!

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 12:38pm
While listening to the Novo with the switching PSU I never heard any of the high pitch whine or whatever it is that some people experience when it's not grounded. I guess I'm lucky. 

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 3:05pm
Actually lightly run your fingers over the Novo, if you feel a tingling sensation then it should be grounded.

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:38am
Don't have anything to ground it with or too. I've never had to ground any audio equipment except for some car stereo stuff. 

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 11:53am
Hi bmbrown I suggest running a thin flexible and insulated wire from the pillar to a metal pipe on your nearest radiator or sink. It may help if you fit a crocodile clip or similar. Hope that helps.

Post-edit: Graham is right!

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears, whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:17pm
Alternatively... if it ain't broke don't bother trying to fix it Approve

-------------

Posted By: garygillespie
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:09pm
If I did the loaner program; and decided to keep the unit, can I just pay for it or would I have to return it, then I would get sent a new one?

Posted By: garygillespie
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:40pm
NM, I just thought about it and these loaners would already have to be broken in, so I would like a fresh unit.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 11:15am
Hi Gary, the loaner program units are intended to be returned so others could benefit from the opportunity. Which unit would you be interested in trying?

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: reyo
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 5:58pm
Hi mrarroyo, I am interested in trying the Reflex M.  How do I go about setting up a date for a loaner?

I will probably be ready for it in a couple or three weeks.  I'm in the process of reviving my analogue system.  It's been gathering dust for 8-10yrs, and what I am discovering is that sitting idle has not been good for the components---nothing works.  My TT (Merrill Heirloom) is being renovated as well as my arm (ET 2.5) and my phono preamp (custom job) gave up the ghost. 

I am anxious to see if the Reflex M will drive my passive preamp (Placette).

Thanks,

reyo
(I'm in the Seattle area.)

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 11:10am
Hi Reyo, just send me a PM and we will set it up. Thanks for your interest.

Miguel

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:59am
Hi Guys, a quick message from your sponsor...

Please show your appreciation by "liking" all our web pages.

OK, I know you need a Facebook "account" to do that and not everyone has one, but for those who have, it will only take a minute or two of your time.

By going along and visiting our home page, headphone amp index and phono preamp index pages using the navigation bar above, you'll find the "like" buttons top-right of each page. Just click on each one and you'll do wonders for us, and in turn the extra exposure we get will make it possible to do even more great audio products.

Thanks in anticipation,
Graham

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:59am
I wish well for this new adventure! I was a member of Facebook for a short while but to much of my privacy was lost so I closed my account. Actually old girlfriends found me and SWMBO did not like it so … well I closed the account. Wink

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 11:32am
Message understood Miguel, but your help in getting others to "like" us will be appreciated. OK, I know there aren't all that many, but every little helps Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 11:14am
Believe you me, those who have tried the product love the sound. Sadly some are haters with no actual experience.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: autarch1
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:19pm
Is this loaner program still available for a Solo Ultra-Linear amp?

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 7:50am
I'll answer for Miguel by saying yes. I'm sure Miguel will also answer.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 12:27pm
YES! did I mention yes? Send me a PM, thanks.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: Bromo33333
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 2:06am
Are there any loaners of the Graham Slee Reflex M in the US for loan to New York?

Thanks in advance! Smile

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 1:52pm
Yes, just responded to your PM. Cheers!

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 1:17pm
BTW, those that have borrowed the units please write your impressions. As you can see Greg will be sent the Reflex M and recently Michael had the Solo UL so I hope they chime in with their experience.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: RedCloudFuneral
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 3:37pm
Sent you a PM.

Interested in the Communicator or 2SE for my Dual TT. Smile

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:21am
Is the Diamond Edition of the Ultra Linear available yet in the loaner program? Thanks!

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 11:18am
I do not have it yet, but I believe Graham will be sending it out soon with the Bitzie. Sorry.

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 5:52am
No worries. Patience is a virtue.

Posted By: glr
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 3:07pm
Any chance of listening to the Bitzie in the Los Angeles area? But first, does anyone know whether I can use it with my Motorola Razor Maxx cellphone? It was just updated to JB.

If so, what software would work the best for the combo?

Regards,

Gregg

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 10:13am
Hi Gregg, I do not own a Motorola Razor Maxx so I will let others chime in. However if you wan to borrow the Bitzie shoot me a PM. Cheers.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: royz61
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 12:26am

May I try the Bitzie? 

I have a laptop and also Samsung Note II. 

I would love to listen to it and also try that if I can use it on the both device. 

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:59am
I replied to your PM.

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:44pm
Do you have the UL Diamond in yet? Sending a PM...

Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:48am
Yes I have it, once I have your PM I will respond. Cheers!

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:46pm
I sent the PM before I posted actually. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'll send it again.

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:51am
Sorry but no PM, would you please resend it? Thanks.

-------------
Miguel

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 9:51pm
Ok, I sent a new message.

Date Posted: 04 May 2013 at 11:26am
Just responded.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: andyecon
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:03pm
I'm shopping for a new phono stage to mate with my Dynavector 17d3 (0.25mV, likes 100-400 Ohm load). I'm interested in either the Reflex C or the Elevator in conjunction with Era Gold V. Would it be possible to borrow either or both of these setups?

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 11:08am
Hi Andy, I will check through the inventory of equipment and will get back with you. If I have not done so by 8pm tonight please send a PM, thanks.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: Robnpg
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:12pm
IS it possible to loan cables also? if so, is there a suggestion of which cables to begin with? And also, is it possible to loan multiple items at once for comparison?

Posted By: BAK
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Robnpg Robnpg wrote:

IS it possible to loan cables also?
 yes 

If so, is there a suggestion of which cables to begin with?
Cusat50, 0.6meter
 any cable longer than 1.0 meter use Lautus for best noise reduction and audio signal purity.

And also, is it possible to loan multiple items at once for comparison?
yes

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15/625, Technics SL-1600MK2, Reflex M, Lautus, Technics SH-8066, Dynaco ST120a, Eminence Beta 8A in custom cabs;; Using Majestic DAC
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: Margatroid
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:56pm
Hey, guys! I'm interested in trying out the Accession M as a loaner. I've heard it's amazing! I also was curious about the Reflex M as a potential "budget" alternative, but the Accession seems worth hearing. Anyone have thoughts on the level of difference between the two units? Thanks!

Posted By: ICL1P
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 10:34pm
Why not take them both on the loan scheme and find out for yourself?

-------------
Ifor
=====
Reflex M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.

Posted By: patientot
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Why not take them both on the loan scheme and find out for yourself?

Agreed. 

-------------
Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.

Posted By: Margatroid
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:58pm
Apparently the Accessions are all loaned out at the moment and there's a waiting list, so I'm trying the Reflex!

Still curious if anyone has opinions about differences between the two.

Posted By: Str8Wire
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 9:41pm
New member here, looking for info on the US Accession loaner program. I see the last post was July 7, and I was wondering how long the backlog is for loaners.

I recently purchased and returned a Rega Aria II as it had a bad hum in my system. Looking online I found that a few others experienced this same issue. Through my search someone suggested I try the GS Accession and I’ve read nothing but good reviews. 

My turntable is a Rega Planar 8 with an Apheta 3 MC and I’m hoping the Accession is a good match. My vintage preamp has a MC input but it’s not the correct rating for this cartridge. I have no hum going straight into my preamp with the turntable.

When I signed up for this forum, way back on Jul 10th I thought I requested a loaner but I can’t locate a list or reply if I did request it. Does anyone know where I might get this information or if I’m even in the right topic area! 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Big smile

Posted By: ICL1P
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 11:02pm
look for Bruce (BAK) in the members list and send him a private message.

Welcome!

-------------
Ifor
=====
Reflex M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.

Posted By: Aussie Mick
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 1:28am
Hi Str8Wire, 
   I use the Accession MC with my RP8 and Apheta 2. Marvelous combination.
Cheers,
Mick.

-------------
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - Proprius - PMC Twenty5.22

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 2:41am
Thanks for the help, just sent the msg.

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 2:43am
Great to hear, hope I can get a loaner soon. Also hoping it isn’t some weird issue with my vintage equipment.

Posted By: BAK
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 3:36am
Hi Str8Wire, welcome to the forum.
I replied to your PM.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15/625, Technics SL-1600MK2, Reflex M, Lautus, Technics SH-8066, Dynaco ST120a, Eminence Beta 8A in custom cabs;; Using Majestic DAC
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: patientot
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Str8Wire Str8Wire wrote:

New member here, looking for info on the US Accession loaner program. I see the last post was July 7, and I was wondering how long the backlog is for loaners.

I recently purchased and returned a Rega Aria II as it had a bad hum in my system. Looking online I found that a few others experienced this same issue. Through my search someone suggested I try the GS Accession and I’ve read nothing but good reviews. 

My turntable is a Rega Planar 8 with an Apheta 3 MC and I’m hoping the Accession is a good match. My vintage preamp has a MC input but it’s not the correct rating for this cartridge. I have no hum going straight into my preamp with the turntable.

When I signed up for this forum, way back on Jul 10th I thought I requested a loaner but I can’t locate a list or reply if I did request it. Does anyone know where I might get this information or if I’m even in the right topic area! 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Big smile

A GS phono stage should not hum, unless there is a problem with other equipment or a set-up issue. Bear in mind Rega uses a wacky grounding scheme where the ground goes through one side of the RCA connectors. That can cause problems with various systems a LOT of times (very common with Rega decks in general) but the knowledgeable members here and your loan coordinator can walk you through how to fix it should an issue arise. 

-------------
Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net