FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

Tracking force

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 9:03am
What happens when you reduce the tracking to within Ortofon's recommended range, according to the digital scales?

I haven't used the built in stuff on tonearms for years.
I have a couple of stylus balances (cheap and cheerful Ortofon, and a Shure SFG-2), and now a digital readout job from Ebay, and I'd trust what any one of them tells me before I'd trust the calibration marks on a tonearm.
The only tonearm manufacturer's markings I'd trust are the one's on SME arms - the old man was a stickler for things actually working as defined.

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:45pm
Excellent advice Chris. FWIW I rewired a 3009 S2 improved recently and was impressed to find one full turn in either direction was + or - 0.5g.

Jon

Open mind and ears, whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic