FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Vinyl
    Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 9:32pm
The vinyl version of the 35th Anniversary Legacy edition of I Robot is released next week. It is a Deluxe gatefold with 2 LPs and an 8 page booklet. It contains all 14 bonus tracks included in the CD version. Released by Music on Vinyl. Click here to pre-order and purchase copies (please note that copies are shipped from the US, for rest of world you may get better postage rates if you try ordering from a local on-line retailer)

http://www.the-alan-parsons-project.com/store#vinyl/irobot35th
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:49pm
I just bought Joe Bonamassa's "Driving towards the daylight" on vinyl. I thought it was a fine album on CD but this is a great cut that comes to life on vinyl.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 9:00am
I have a Classic Records 180gm issue of I Robot along with the remastered CD with the demo tracks etc. Am now thinking - can I justify this new issue? Confused
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

I have a Classic Records 180gm issue of I Robot along with the remastered CD with the demo tracks etc. Am now thinking - can I justify this new issue? Confused

Thanks Bruce & Bob

It's a fabulous album & I only have the original vinyl which is getting a bit long in the tooth. I think I will get this - £24 on Amazon UK seems pretty good
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 7:18pm
Does anyone listen to "Duran Duran" by Duran Duran (aka the Wedding Album)?
There are a some songs I like on it.
If you do have one of these on vinyl, could you tell me the record label and catalog # ?
I am searching to get a better copy from sellers on Amazon in the US.

This is what I found out so far; EMI with 9 tracks, or EMC #3372, or Capitol #ST-12158.
The cover has black & white photos of several wedding couples on it.

Edited by BAK - 25 Jan 2015 at 7:22pm
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 8:04pm
Hi all...
 I found that I can get only the Capitol #ST-12158 on new vinyl.
Available through Amazon.
I may get the James Bond 50th anniversary album on CD
and the "Duran Duran" by Duran Duran (aka the Wedding Album) on CD also.
I am not crazy about all of their songs, but I do enjoy:
"Ordinary World" and "Come Undone" and "View To A Kill".
Bruce
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 8:43pm
The Wedding Album is a fine album indeed, although a bit uneven. Check out their latest (All you need is now), which is a surprising return to form after 20 years of lacklustre efforts! But avoid the vinyl: I went through 3 copies, and they all sucked (surface noise and distortion due to hot mastering).

Edited by Lucabeer - 26 Jan 2015 at 8:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic