FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New music on order

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 6:18pm
David
I have been on this website as it was Bandcamp that sent me an email telling me about this album, I am going to look into it more and see if I can order it from them but it's going to be down to cost as it will probably be imported from the USA and I may get stung for import duty.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 7:01pm
I have had a look on Bandcamp website and I can get it on vinyl but bloody hell, The album is £18.53 plus shipping to the UK another £18.47 I may even have to pay import duty, I think I'll give it a miss.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

I have had a look on Bandcamp website and I can get it on vinyl but bloody hell, The album is £18.53 plus shipping to the UK another £18.47 I may even have to pay import duty, I think I'll give it a miss.

Yeah, unfortunately shipping fees are a killer there. I rarely buy import vinyl off Bandcamp for that reason. There's also the chance of damage in transit, particularly if the seller doesn't use a very well reinforced mailer.

The only records I buy overseas anymore are from Japan. I can usually get 5-6 LPs shipped for $22 total and have them in a matter of 4-5 business days at most. That's faster than many domestic sellers and the fees aren't that much different from domestic fees. Luckily I am never charged customs fees.

When my friend had his record made in Canada and imported to the U.S., he did have to pay customs fees on that. So the quantity makes a difference here.

Rules are different in every country of course.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 7:15pm
I am going to wait and see, It may come out on CD or vinyl at a later date over here. I'm NOT paying £40 for single vinyl record album.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 7:28pm
I may go to the record shop where I first got to know her music and ask them if they know why it's only coming out as a download over here and if they know if it's coming out on CD, Vinyl. I will be going there anyway as there are some other album I wont. 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 6:41pm
I have just been on Bandcamp website and posted a message on Gabriella Cohen's Message board about when or if "Blue no More" is coming out on CD or vinyl in the UK, it'll be interesting to see if I get a reply.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 7:00pm
Got a email from Gabriella's message board not good news as far as I'm concerned the only place You can get hard copy of her new album is Bandcamp's USA website (I am not paying over £19 shipping costs) so it looks like if I wont her new album it will have to be a digital download. I said this before, I hope this is not going to be the trend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic