FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Music Matters Bluenote reissues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 4:02pm
Thanks for the heads-up patientot. I'll be cautious when buying Tone Poets. I have 3 reissues of this series : Wayne Shorter - Etcetera, Gil Evans - New Bottle Old Wine and Chick Corea - Now He Sings, Now He Sobs. I don't recall them having any problems, but for the future I'll read a bit before buying. 
Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
JazzHead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JazzHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 1:03am
I have a small collection of 33s,45, and SRXs. They all are fantastic. Music Matters still has some records for sale at the original price. Elusive has some MMs cheaper and some titles marked way higher, so it pays to shop around. 
kgilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kgilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:21pm
Agree with all of the comments. I have a number of Music Matters albums as well as a couple of Tone Poet releases.
All of the Music Matters sound great and are some of the best sounding records I own.
The Tone Poets "Introducing Kenny Burrell" sounds great as does my copy of Dexter Gordon's Clubhouse.
Keith

Marantz TT-15S1, Maestro V2, Accession MM, Icon Audio Stereo 40 Mk lll, Wharfedale Jade 3.

Mac Mini, BitPerfect, Dynaudio Xeo2

Marantz SA-15S1, Apple TV, Cambridge CXA60, B&W DM2000, REL Sub
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
MMJ has some releases planned for 2020. My guess is they'll be SRX editions of albums already issued by MMJ, and that they'll be expensive, as much as they can milk from their customer base. 

Tone Poet 2020 releases are delayed right now. They have some great releases on the horizon but it remains to be seen if they can minimize the tape warble issues that have plagued some of the TP/BN80 releases. 

The last TP release I bought was Stanley Turrentine's Hustlin' LP. There is no piano, as organ is the keyboard instrument on it. That's a good thing if you are pitch sensitive because pitch problems, if they are there (and they probably are) stick out a lot less. There is a mono tape splice on this stereo LP but it's been there since the album was first released in 1965. Overall a very nice sounding LP and worth getting if you are a fan of Turrentine. 

Edited by patientot - 21 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
kgilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kgilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:06pm
Thanks for the recommendation on Turrentine. I have a Music Matters "Look out" and Up at Minton's which I really like.
Keith

Marantz TT-15S1, Maestro V2, Accession MM, Icon Audio Stereo 40 Mk lll, Wharfedale Jade 3.

kgilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:47pm
Has anyone compared the SRX issues with the regular Music Matters releases? I see that they are offering more this year at even higher prices and the selection is a repeat of some popular titles.
Keith

Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 1:35am
I did not yet bought a SRX reissue. If ever I do, due to the high price, it won't be a Music Matters reissue I already have. The 45 Music Matters were also costly. So the cost adds up quicky !!! Hopefully someone will compare and post his opinions on the matter. You may take a look at steve hoffman forum. 
Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic