FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Keeping is Stealing!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeping is Stealing!
    Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 1:06pm
If you borrow something and don't return it, it is theft.

It also denies others from being able to loan things.

It might be against the law to publish the names and addresses of people who refuse to return the forum's property, or "lose it when returning it" -- but it is also against the law to keep other people's property against their wishes -- or to be lax and lose it.

So, for the few people who aren't 100% genuine and haven't sent products back long after they should have, we will publish their names and addresses in this section until they do, or give very good reason as to why we never received them.

And until we are officially advised to take down the details, it will remain.

You have been warned.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 2:07pm
Is this a common occurrence?
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 2:52pm
I think it is perfectly in order to advise those users who haven't returned without good reason without good reason after a warning and reasonable timescale.   

This is always going to be a risk of running such a generous scheme the other was if to pay then refund but then impacts on reasonable users.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 3:49pm
The fact that this even happens is disgusting. Their personal details should be published and the police should be able to enforce their arrest and prosecution.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 3:57pm
My wish was to make the service free (except the postage -- both ways) and not a business in itself.

OK, if I do get an order, then it's business, but I and the extremely time-generous loaner scheme organisers do it to demonstrate that there is better to be had -- should the lender's system be up to the job.

Between us we try to educate people to that end.

It might seem tempting to "score" a product off the loaner program -- to get a freebie Graham Slee product, but it's still theft. I gave the products freely and the organisers do what they do freely, but to do so costs us.

Also, it was my wish that end of life loaner program products (i.e. when superseded) would be auctioned off to charity (again at arms length), so anybody deciding to keep a product denies a charity eventually receiving funds!

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 4:48pm
Ash is right, it IS disgusting. Unfortunately I'd expect naming & shaming would probably backfire on Graham somehow. Even scumbags have human rights apparently. I'd definitely notify the police...not that I'd expect much to be done but you never know Angry

Edited by DaveG - 24 Apr 2016 at 4:48pm
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 5:08pm
This is a standard statement I try to include in my replies to members' loaner requests.   

" Important note: The loaner equipment is the property of the GSP Audio Forum members.
As a member of the forum, you are part owner, too.
This is the way Graham Slee himself set up the loaner program; he is
quite a generous person. Please take good care of the equipment is all he asks.
The forum members share the loaner equipment, it is not for sale."

Graham has explained that the loaner equipment is the property of all GSP Audio Forum members.
We are responsible for it's care.

Edited by BAK - 24 Apr 2016 at 5:11pm
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic