FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Just in time for Christmas...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 7:13pm
Re-Harsh. The assistand did say to me if we had not listen to the others first he would of said there was something wrong with my speakers.
The assistant did check the alinement and found nothing wrong. We used the same cart with the T & P but not with the Attessa (didn't use the built in phono) I wanted to know what the higher price of it would get me in sound qaulity.
The aluminium sub-platter is a worthwhile upgrade according to most reveiwers but it don't come cheap at £110.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

The sl-1200 sounded very good too but for some reason with my speakers which I took along with me it sounded harsh in the high frequencies, which the assistant noted too.

That is odd. It could have been down to the cartridge used or cartridge set up. Even the capacitance of the phono cable could have had an effect. Did they use a felt mat or a rubber one? Mine came with a felt mat but I never used it, since the 1200 was originally designed with a rubber mat and really needs one for home audio use.

Anyway, enjoy your new turntable.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

The sl-1200 sounded very good too but for some reason with my speakers which I took along with me it sounded harsh in the high frequencies, which the assistant noted too.

That is odd. It could have been down to the cartridge used or cartridge set up. Even the capacitance of the phono cable could have had an effect. Did they use a felt mat or a rubber one? Mine came with a felt mat but I never used it, since the 1200 was originally designed with a rubber mat and really needs one for home audio use.

Anyway, enjoy your new turntable.

To be honest I didn't take much notice of what platter mats were used on either turntables. The assistant did check the alinement on the Technics and found nothing wrong, he did say that he has not had this problem before so couldn't offer up any explanation. the high end was not really bad I could only just about hear it but it was there. As for the Attessa I didn't take into account that it does have a built in phone amp so the increase in the price over the Pro would have gone in some ways to that.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic