FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Is this real?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Frostg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frostg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this real?
    Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 1:56pm
Graham,

Out of interest is this concept real, or is it another example of marketing twaddle to confuse the ignorant such as I?
"Conventional amplifiers have high input impedance and low output impedance. This is mainly because it is more convenient to control the voltage signals in the circuit. However, the S**** C****** is completely opposite that the input impedance input of the S**** C****** is close to 0 Ohms, and the output impedance is above 100 M Ohms. With such behavior, the S**** C****** strictly works with the current signals of the circuit."

Thanks

Edited by Frostg - 23 Sep 2012 at 11:09am
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:32pm
That is a glorious piece of prose and I too await Graham's appraisal.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 10:18am
Sounds like the output from a hifi orientated "bullsh*t generator" such as you find on the web.

Edit: Ah - the link won't work unless you replace the * with an i. The forum software wants to spare our blushes Embarrassed.

Edited by morris_minor - 20 Sep 2012 at 10:20am
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Frostg Frostg wrote:

Graham,

Out of interest is this concept real, or is it another example of marketing twaddle to confuse the ignorant such as I?
"Conventional amplifiers have high input impedance and low output impedance. This is mainly because it is more convenient to control the voltage signals in the circuit. However, the S**** Circuit is completely opposite that the input impedance input of the S**** Circuit is close to 0 Ohms, and the output impedance is above 100 M Ohms. With such behavior, the S**** Circuit strictly works with the current signals of the circuit."

Thanks

Which t**ser wrote that?

If the input impedance is zero or close to zero it short circuits the source!

If the output impedance is as large as what is claimed here it won't drive anything - it wouldn't tickle a flea!

I could hazard a guess at who the S**** are? Would you like to tell me by PM?

EDIT:

Thank you Frostg for sending me a PM on the aforementioned item. It would seem this is an electronic component (a chip) having low input impedance and high output impedance. It uses "some" transistors and some carbon resistors internally. Incidentally carbon resistors are pretty useless above a few MHz and tend to be inaccurate from 1MHz upwards, but still, I've made some nice sounding circuits with carbon resistors.

However, this company talks about a device that has low input impedance and high output impedance as if it is something new!

It has no negative feedback. Well, yes that will assist it to have those properties. I know plenty of circuit configurations that do very similar - I suppose I could have made a quick fortune and then ran away before I was found out. In fact, I wouldn't have needed to run away because the hi-fi customer in general is willing to believe any old crap and think the sun shines out of your proverbial if you dare to give such things a go.

It does however show the value of having a review with X-moons! I shall not waste my time by quantifying that "value".

I remember how reviewers went on about rainbow foil (less than £5 a 1m x 0.7m sheet from Sydney Beaumont (Leeds) Ltd but incredibly expensive when cut into tiny little strips), short lengths of wire with reef knots and croc clips either end to short out the mains plug pins of equipment not being used - which they said improved your sound... and printers punching waste which a certain Messenger raved on about after filling his KEF speakers with them...

The hi-fi buying public is so easily led down wrong paths but stiffens its resolve against anything that's honestly good for them.

The BS'ers now find they have to be more technical in now selling you little anodised cases with bling connectors. They'll put bits of granite inside them and make use of quartz properties to fuzz up the highs to make you think you've got more detail - well worth the £5,000 price tag?

Honestly I wish I'd gone after a different career direction! I find myself hidden in this den of theives and nobody can hear my honest voice! Apart from most club members here.

Thank you Frostg for having the sense to ask. It is a shame we cannot name and shame.

Edited by Graham Slee - 20 Sep 2012 at 2:29pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 10:40pm
 Comment removed  

Edited by ServerBaboon - 21 Sep 2012 at 6:13pm
Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 6:13pm

Fair point, but since you quoted it I can't retract it.   

Edited by ServerBaboon - 21 Sep 2012 at 6:15pm
Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by ServerBaboon ServerBaboon wrote:

Fair point, but since you quoted it I can't retract it.   

What quote? Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic