FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Inner sleeves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:04pm
I like the thin antistatic ones for that reason and keep some square Mofi ones when the original paper sleeve is too small.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:43pm
I've used a lot of different types and brands. My personal preference is for the MOFI style ones, though if a new record comes with a polylined or anti-static type plastic sleeve I will often just use that. Don't like paper or cardstock type inners as they shed and scratch records over time IME. Anything packaged like that and I transfer the records to the MOFI or AS types.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 3:30pm
I've been using some anti-static lined sleeves from Analogue Works, fairly cheap and cheerful I think they originated from Germany. Pre-pandemic I used to pick some up at an annual audio show (and they were available online) but now they seem to have disappeared. I'm going in to one of our local record shops tomorrow, so will see what's on offer there if anything.

I don't keep the paper or card sleeves records arrive in unless they're printed and part of the 'package', but I still put the record into a new lined sleeve. As you say David, paper being fibrous it sheds dust constantly unless sealed or laminated, and is abrasive.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 7:33pm
I'm just got Nagaoka anti-static inner sleeves, the one's with the round bottoms, 50 for £22, about £6 cheaper than Original master sleeves I've been using. They look to be made of the same material but where as the OMS have a thin piece of paper to give a bit ridgity to them these do not but they do seem to be more suited to go inside the inner sleeves that come with the record which is what I do, I don't think they will crease up like the OMS sometimes do. 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

I'm just got Nagaoka anti-static inner sleeves, the one's with the round bottoms, 50 for £22, about £6 cheaper than Original master sleeves I've been using. They look to be made of the same material but where as the OMS have a thin piece of paper to give a bit ridgity to them these do not but they do seem to be more suited to go inside the inner sleeves that come with the record which is what I do, I don't think they will crease up like the OMS sometimes do. 

I used to use those thin round bottom types (many companies sell them) a lot before my supplier here in the U.S. started having QC problems a few years ago. They didn't make them but had them made by a factory offshore.

In any case, they do work well for inserting into printed inner sleeves and cardstock inner sleeves. You can also use them in conjunction with plain paper inner sleeves if you want.

I'm now using a weird brand of inners that are similar to the OMS which themselves were just a knockoff of VRP (IIRC) from the 80s. They do work fine with most jackets but some undersized jackets can be troublesome.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 7:57pm
David
Your bit on undersized jackets can be troublesome is something I can agree on with you, Which is sometimes a problem I was having with OMS, This is where the creasing problems come that I have been having so maybe with the round bottoms this will help.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 9:18pm
The thin round bottom ones are flimsy I agree. Even used inside the original inner sleeve they require careful handling or they can crumple. But they are cheap and effective 99% of the time 
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic