FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has NOT impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What music has NOT impressed you today?
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:49pm
Hawkwind live at HRH Prog 5. It's just accomplished sh*t. IMO, of course.

Edited by ICL1P - 17 Mar 2017 at 11:50pm
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:10pm
Just pick any current advert with a (bad) cover of a good song.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Bonzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 8:58pm
Unfortunately most of the music I heard at Carnage today that was being played at levels that would drown out a a jet fighter taking off - Why?  
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:32am
The piped 'music' played in shops. Homebase being one of the worst offenders.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 6:09pm
Almost all music on radio stations that I can pick up on my car's non DAB radio
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 3:45pm
Not restricted to non-DAB, Jon. Cry

I used to tune in to Planet Rock, but got fed up with the repetition. I don't want to hear The Final Countdown, or All Right Now, for as long as I live. If I want something on in the background I'll sometimes put on Radio 6 if they're not broadcasting more witter than music (bring back Laser 558...), or Absolute, depending what they're playing. Radio Caroline is on at the moment (internet). What I'd really like to find is a heavy metal station.

Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:25pm
Planet Rock, that takes me back. I use to have a DAB separate in my HiFi set up and a portable one too, this was good for music when out walking but as I found out on the way to Liverpool to watch them play absolute useless inside a vehicle, I was left with no music on a six hour coach journey making me wish I'd taken the MiniDisc player, YES I did have one.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic