FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Vinyl Bargains in Zavvi £2 each LP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Darren/Audio Elevati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinyl Bargains in Zavvi £2 each LP
    Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 2:05pm
I've just bought 16 albums from Zavvi in Sheffield but assume they have them in all stores.  All are £2 a record and have been nicely butchered by the Zavvi folks (putting a hole punch through the sleeve etc to make them seconds I assume) but it's the black round bit we're interested in at this price level and the only hole there is bang in the centre.

All are brand new and sealed in sellophane.  Examples of what's available...

Pat Benatar, Stevie Nicks, World Party, Deep Purple, The Connells, Human League, Debbie Harry, Huey Lewis and the News, Bruce Hornsby and the Range, Don Henley, Chicago,  Melissa Etheridge, Bruce Willis (Return Of Bruno - remember that nugget - I had to get it for the cheese factor).

The Acoustic Signature will be fired up tonight, methinks.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 8:03pm

Just sorted through the same bins in Manchester  - although I only came away with Frankie GTH's Liverpool and the Tom Tom Club.  Have to say some of them are not worth £2.

Did come away with Bobby Womack's Across 110th Street on Vinyl for £7 which is a much better find. Listening now through a Green Reflex and Green Solo and a pair of AT's while she who should be obeyed watches Emerdale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 12:56pm
Looks like I got all the good stuff then!!  Some of them give the cartridge a bumpy ride I notice.

Emmerdale?  What's that?  Bet it's not as good as Britain's Next Top Model and other drivel I have to put up with - Masterchef, Celebrity Masterchef etc.  Here's a tip - get your missus into watching Girls Of The Playboy Mansion then it's a win win situation.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Darren/Audio Elevati Darren/Audio Elevati wrote:

Looks like I got all the good stuff then!!  Some of them give the cartridge a bumpy ride I notice.

Emmerdale?  What's that?  Bet it's not as good as Britain's Next Top Model and other drivel I have to put up with - Masterchef, Celebrity Masterchef etc.  Here's a tip - get your missus into watching Girls Of The Playboy Mansion then it's a win win situation.

No Huey Lewis and Brue Willis were there I just wasn't letting nostalga overcome what little sense I have left.

Didn't Clamp my Bobby Womackand it did look a bit iffy with a couple of mistracks

ermm yes should be Emmerdale.

Playboy ... I would just have to put up with 'those aren't real'... 'no one can like anybody that' which would ruin the enjoyment....

... just realised can still use the headphones!!! Wink

Edited by ServerBaboon - 20 Aug 2008 at 1:27pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 2:09pm
Yes, you're more interested in the pictures than the sound.  Keep the music playing at the same time?  Is that a win win win situation??  I thought that just existed in fairytales...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic