FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Twin PSU power supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin PSU power supply
    Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 7:48pm
There will be a number of us who have two or more GSP products with two or more PSUs.

Before I started some more serious cable management I suffered from mains hum with PSU cables in close proximity to others, but I have tried to keep my two PSUs away from other devices and as far as practical each other and the problem went away.

I think I recall a forum member running two devices from a Single adapted PSU but cannot trace such a post.

If a dual outlet PSU was available I would be very interested; i.e. two outlet plugs to the devices in my case elevator and revelation.

Possible benefits?
*Less boxes
*Improve cable management
*New sales for Graham!

Would this impact on the sound running two devices from a single PSU? I have no idea but perhaps Graham or the other contributor could advise?

Richard
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 8:44pm
I think there are one or two of us that have this - a PSU1 output lead was modified by John Cadman and I used it to power a Reflex M and a Reflex Era Gold which were only used independently on two turntables. I decided not to do this with the Accession so both that and the Reflex M now have their own PSU1s. One now has the redundant second lead hard-wired into it & if you are ever in my vicinity, you are welcome to swap it with one of your regular PSU1s. (nb: a Majestic could not share a PSU1 with any other GSP device)

I'm not so sure about one of those 'benefits' you mention Richard, if this was very common there could actually be less (PSU1) sales for Graham!
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 10:47pm
Thanks yes I take your points. I wouldn't be keen on what I perceive as a splitter? But rather two sockets or even a single larger supply if need be.

Would many people buy one, I cannot say - I would dare say some others may at a higher price than current one, if buying two boxes and two psus on day one probably lose out but if buying a single box then adding a second later this may bring scope for sales?

One perhaps for Graham or John to ponder may be. . . . . .
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 6:58am
I too have a power supply lead made by John, which powers both my Reflex M and Solo ULDE. There is no sonic downside. As Andrew says the Majestic does need its' own dedicated PSU, but otherwise the PSU1 is quite capable of powering 2 phono stages or phono and Solo.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 6:59am
Cheers
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 7:07am
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 9:30am
Great. An interesting read. So to be clear is an elevator (around 8 years old) and revelation m (soon to be accession) a viable option?

The y splitter may be worth considering but had thought of two plugs in to one PSU. Would it be an option to simply really two cables from 1 din connector?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic