FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Stylus cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:31pm
I use an Audio Origami spyglass between sides to view the state of the stylus and if appropriate apply a stylus brush to dislodge any debris. Used to be a carbon fibre stylus brush but the Hana cartridge (now with 28 hours usage) came supplied with a long haired brush which seems to work very well.  
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 10:45pm
What's the magnification of the spyglass?
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 4:47am
I use the Ortofon carbon brush every couple of sides and the Fluxsonic cleaner after every few albums, usually followed by a quick blast with one of those compressed air dusters.
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:00am
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

What's the magnification of the spyglass?

45x. What you see in the illuminated 21mm lens is not quite as impressive as the images obtained by Kevin using his USB device which are posted in the 'for sale' thread! Nonetheless a handy inexpensive gadget.  
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:54am
Thanks.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
jimf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 11:35pm
I also use the Onzo Zerodust and use the magnifier to make sure it's clean, and use the Mofi LP#9 cleaner and brush. I use a Hunt EDA Mark 6 brush on each side of the record before playing.
2 Channel Equipment: Dual 701 w/ Stanton 881S MKII D81S stylus, Dual 1229Q w/ Shure V15 III and SAS VN35E Jico stylus, Class A SEP, Class A SET, Yaqin MC-10L Integrated, Klipsch Forte II Speakers
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 9:18pm
I'm on my third VP Dust Buster now and still marvel at the simple effective idea behind them.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic