FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Stylus cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stylus cleaning
    Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 3:15pm
Hi I could not find previous thread on stylus cleaning but thought I had seen one in the past. I currently use two brushes - one a soft brush for general cleaning between albums, rarely gets anything visible on the stylus and occasional cleaning with a further stiffer brush and liquid cleaner RA Tiptonic or something similar. I have looked at the Vinyl Passion cleaner.

Any thoughts (key parameters to me are effective and safe).

Thanks

Richard

ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 4:02pm
I use the Onzow Zerodust, which is similar to the VP. Should be good.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 4:05pm
I also use a stylus brush after every LP side (+ the Ortofon carbon brush at the end of a listening session) & occasionally the Vinyl Passion Dust Buster that you mention. 

It does a good job and seems to strip away anything clinging to the diamond. It can be rinsed clean when dirty & mine seems just as 'sticky' as new after more than 3 years.

Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 5:06pm
Many thanks looks like I may be ordering one then!
Regards
Richard
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 5:33pm
That looks like it should do the trick! Like Ifor I use a Zerodust, but supplemented with a chunk of Magic Eraser Wink.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
LOINER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOINER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

Hi I could not find previous thread on stylus cleaning but thought I had seen one in the past.

Richard

Hope I am not being pedantic but if you go to DJ and Professional Turntable user scroll down to the heading Cleaning the Stylus there is also some stuff there about RCMs (incase you are interested)
STUART
SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION
LAUTUS DUAL MONO 1.5M INTERCONNECTS
GRAM AMP 2SE
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:25pm
I use the VP cleaner to good effect before every record, just remember to lift the stylus out of the goo before answering the phone or door.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic