FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A REAL Hi-Fi Owners' Club Forum With REAL Members and a Loaner Program to Prove It!

A rule of fairness:
When other manufacturers websites allow people to recommend our products instead of their own then people can do the same here, but please not before! Such posts will be deleted.
See terms and conditions here...

Spotify & Squeezebox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotify & Squeezebox
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:26am
It seems that Spotify are changing the method of delivery of their service, and one of the casualties is Squeezebox support.
As of 20th July Spotify will not play on Squeezeboxes.
I have just cancelled my subscription - there's no point in paying for a service that won't integrate with my server.

www.mysqueezebox.com/byeByeSpotify

Bastards!
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:22pm
Thankfully one of the code writers on the Slim Devices forum had things in hand, and has been working on a new player script, so there is a work around.
Bad news for my NAS server is that it won't run the script, but is does run on RasPi, so there's a server work around on the horizon.

Big smile
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:33pm
Although I don't run Spotify through my Squeezebox at the moment I was considering it as an option so it's a relief to know you are ahead of the game. Thanks Chris.
Jon

Open mind and ears, whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession, Elevator EXP, Solo UL, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links. and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic