FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Solo Diamond Ultra Linear - Oh My God!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Edmond_Terakopian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Edmond_Terakopian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solo Diamond Ultra Linear - Oh My God!
    Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 1:11pm
Greetings All,

First post!

I took a bit if a gamble and ordered a Solo Diamond Ultra Linear amp purely based on the wisdom from the forum and various reviews.

It turned up an hour ago. Well, oh my God, or for the trendy, OMG, is the perfect phrase to describe my reaction! I'm completely bowled over! What an amazing, amazing, amazing sound, and the thing's not even burnt in yet! I can't wait!

I've put together a dedicated listening setup with a comfy reclining chair; iPod Classic with Apple Lossless tracks, an Arcam drDock and Arcam rDAC, this gorgeous Solo UL amp and my Grado 325is headphones. I'm hoping to upgrade the headphones to Grado GS1000i cans soon.

I'm getting so pulled in to the music that hours just float by, leaving a smile, ears tingling with joy and a wonderful emotional response to the music.

Graham, bravo on such a wonderful amp; I know I'll be enjoying it much more once it's had a chance to burn in. Also, thanks to all the wisdom here which made me take the gamble of ordering without auditioning, and leaving me so happy and pleased that I did!

Cheers All,

Edmond
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 1:26pm

Welcome to the forum Edmond.

It is always nice to hear from someone who is happy with their new gear, especially when it is far from fully developed.

You have only more goodness to come, just leave it powered on and enjoy it when you can.

regards,

Tony G

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmond_Terakopian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 1:32pm
Thanks Tony :-)

Will indeed leave it powered on always. Am planning on playing music through it for a few days on end too. Will probably unplug the headphones though.

Cheerio,

Edmond
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 3:58pm
And a welcome from me, too Edmond..

As Tony says, the best is yet to come, so enjoy the anticipation .

BTW great pictures on your website...   
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmond_Terakopian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 4:23pm
Hi Bob,

Many thanks for the welcome and kind words about my work; much appreciated :-)

I can't drag myself off this amp! Still listening away, smiling as I do! Can't wait to hear it once its had a chance to burn in properly. So pleased!!

Cheers,

Edmond

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discrete badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 4:59pm
As someone who has owned both the SRxxx and the GS1000, my suggestion would be to listen to the GS1000i carefully before committing to a purchase.

The GS1000(i) are in many ways exceptional cans, but their tonal balance may not be to everyone's taste. Personally I much prefer the SRxxx sound.

The excellent amplifier you have will drive them all very nicely, of course! Enjoy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmond_Terakopian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 5:22pm
Thanks Badger. Appreciate the feedback. Always hard to do as it's all so subjective, but for you, what was lacking or not up to your taste with the GS1000? Trying to get hold of a pair to audition isn't proving easy, so I'm again basing my decision on getting them on the fact that I love my current SR325is and from what I've read, they will suit me perfectly. Seems slightly daft basing subjective things on others point of view! Your thoughts would be really appreciated though :-)

Cheers,

Edmond