FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Semiconductor silicon is made using coal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 6:11pm
If you have the patience you'll see from this old film the required purity to make simple old germanium transistors in a lab.

Please note the rather dangerous electricity supply, just to condition the crystal, and in a laboratory.

By the way, they already quarry quartz to make the billions of crystals to sync the microprocessors, or do they say they're made from sand too?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 6:34pm
In Planet of the Humans Debunked at 15 minutes in, they too have to admit that solar power silicon uses coal and quartz, and actually argue for it.

Now, solar power silicon is metallurgical silicon, that has to be further processed to make semiconductor silicon.

So, even on a debunking, it is still agreed that the silicon uses coal, so I can only assume Intel's claim is for political reasons.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 6:40pm
All this says to me is, The planet saving people need to go back to school. If they are serious about saving the planet then live in a tent and live off the land. No cars, computers, TVs, Mobil phones, flying on holiday. The list goes on. All the adverts on TV with kids say us adults and the past generation have messed up the planet for them need to look at them self's, They wouldn't have what they have today.
Greta Thunberg. She said I went to the USA on a sail boat, but she didn't say anything about the boat that followed them, fossil fuel powered. Anybody else find her vary PATRONISING Angry
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 7:17pm
I forgot one thing on the can't have list. HOSPITALS.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:02pm
Nowadays, all the bitcoin/cryptocurrency mining boll*cks is wasting vast amounts of electricity on an enormous scale, which massively offsets any small scale energy conservation. I'm not saying don't bother but I am saying that small scale action is pretty fruitless.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

They wouldn't have what they have today.

My thoughts exactly when Johnson The Clown was taking the p*ss out of James Watt as the instigator of climate change (in Watt's home town!), apart from the Prime Idiot being a mile off the mark (The French guy invented steam generation - and the pressure cooker - and Arkwright started the industrial revolution) the Prime Clown has enjoyed all the luxuries of the modern world plus private jets and now Bunter dictates that others can't have a proper car. And after we were all converted to combi-boilers, people with no money must find at least ten grand for sub-standard heating and convert a bedroom to a tank room.

So, if governments lie, then corporations follow suit, and as Hitler wrote in My Struggle, he had to create the biggest lie ever told and make sure everybody would believe it, by force if necessary - and now, unbelievably, it's happening here.

The reason I put this post in public view is to try and educate the few left with sufficient common sense to see it ain't magic.

The Clown basically told us to get rid of dirty fossil fuels and embrace new tech - which relies on semiconductors - made using lots of Chinese coal - because that's how it's made - and the Prime Minister of the UK is ignorant of this simple fact, and keeps getting away with his ignorance.

The trouble with lies, is one lie leads to another.

Edited by Graham Slee - 04 Nov 2021 at 6:26am
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

All this says to me is, The planet saving people need to go back to school. If they are serious about saving the planet then live in a tent and live off the land. No cars, computers, TVs, Mobil phones, flying on holiday. The list goes on. All the adverts on TV with kids say us adults and the past generation have messed up the planet for them need to look at them self's, They wouldn't have what they have today.
Greta Thunberg. She said I went to the USA on a sail boat, but she didn't say anything about the boat that followed them, fossil fuel powered. Anybody else find her vary PATRONISING Angry

Don’t forget, it was a racing yacht, so won’t be built 100% carbon neutral, and would have been designed using a vast amount of IT. Sure, when it was finished, it no longer needs much fuel to work, as long as the wind is blowing, but you have to ask why she feels the need to travel, when we have suitable alternatives to avoid travel.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic