FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Ripping DVD, Blu-Ray

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 11:04pm
Unless you burst rip without verification (accurip/dbpoweramp) I don't think a special optical drive or psu for it is needed. I have used standard standard internal drives and usb drives and the verification codes of the rip are the same. So is the sound through my streamer. I hope that reassures you Ash.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 02 Nov 2022 at 7:22pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 5:56am
For a while, I have wanted to stick with a SATA3 disc drive rather than USB 3.0 as with USB, the bus is often shared with other devices whereas SATA controllers tend to be independent and individual. However, the "internal" SATA optical drives require a 12V connection for opening/closing the disc tray, alongside the 5V for the data and logic. My external USB disc drive only requires a single 5V cable so much more convenient to connect to my industrial motherboard as no breakout cables required. Pondering over trying a Pink Faun USB bridge for both connecting computer to DAC or to see if I can rip data from optical drive to computer. The DAK 5V 3A could be duly implemented to try. I could try separating power and signal into different cables too but I sense I could be becoming a little too OCD about this.

Waiting for another computer to be delivered. The UP Squared V2 industrial board. This is another option for a dedicated audio PC; small and passively cooled. Has 40-pin GPIO for developers that want to bridge the gap between x86 and ARM architectures.

Want to re-obtain a trusty Bitzie but with PowerWire this time, pair it with Pink Faun USB bridge, power both with DAK PSU, use with UP Squared V2 and use MySphere 3.1 to monitor the output. With the cost of fuel and bills getting so high now, this would be a very energy efficient system.

Edited by Ash - 02 Nov 2022 at 6:02am
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:24pm
How will you judge success on this?
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 9:10pm
Good question. Not sure yet.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic