FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Reflex M + PSU 1 In Home Audition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:00pm
Did think about stereo Pet Sounds buy very disappointed with Holland.

Probably have a similar number to you...
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:16pm
The Reflex M isn't out of place with & can do justice to some costly high output cartridges.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

Did think about stereo Pet Sounds buy very disappointed with Holland.

Probably have a similar number to you...

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with Holland. My mono Pet Sounds is great. I thought about getting their hybrid SACD that has both the stereo and mono versions but never got around to it. As it stands I have an older CD that has both versions of the album so that is tiding me over. 

I do have my eye on the Hendrix hybrid SACDs for an purchase next year though. 
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

The Reflex M isn't out of place with & can do justice to some costly high output cartridges.

I would imagine that to be the case with London Decca cartridges and such. 

The only other really high output cart I have here besides the Goldring is a Shure M35X (6 MV). I need another headshell before I can mount that on the JVC though. Right now it's set up for a different turntable that takes proprietary headshells. 

Edited by patientot - 18 Dec 2018 at 9:31pm
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 8:30am
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

I would imagine that to be the case with London Decca cartridges and such. 

The only other really high output cart I have here besides the Goldring is a Shure M35X (6 MV). I need another headshell before I can mount that on the JVC though. Right now it's set up for a different turntable that takes proprietary headshells. 

Len Gregory's Music Maker MI cartridges also work particularly well with the Reflex M, David.
Without wishing to bang on about it too much, LG's MusicMaster - a refinement of the standard
cart is a corker - very strong on acoustic & classical & a lot else. A costly cart though.

patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 4:56pm

Len Gregory's Music Maker MI cartridges also work particularly well with the Reflex M, David.
Without wishing to bang on about it too much, LG's MusicMaster - a refinement of the standard
cart is a corker - very strong on acoustic & classical & a lot else. A costly cart though.

Never heard one, only read about them. Costly is right - well outside of my price range. My understanding is that he uses the Grado Prestige design as a base and heavily modifies it. People that have them or review them seem to say great things. Grado has their own very expensive cartridges now - I believe some cost up to $12,000 USD. Out of my league. 

It would not surprise me at all that the Reflex M works great with these very expensive handmade cartridges. 
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 9:20am
I still remember the put-down I got from some trumpet on a forum for suggesting
it is a modified Grado. Smile
Heavily modified it is - to the extent of using only the original body.
They do sound excellent though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic