FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Queen Elizabeth II has died

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:36am
God didn't need to teach critical race theory, he used leprosy instead.

The last ethnic Egyptian I had the pleasure of meeting was a sandy beige colour, and looking up ancient Egyptian art, my guess is that was the original colour of the Egyptian race. There is, however, wall art depicting peoples of a darker skin tone, and these were journeymen and women from... (read on).

Because Moses (a Hebrew) was brought up by an Egyptian princess, in an Egyptian palace, as an Egyptian, my guess is the Egyptian princess was pretty sure he would pass off as Egyptian, so I think it's safe to assume he was beige in skin tone. Looking at street views in Jerusalem today, that also seems to be the majority skin tone of the Hebrew descendants.

In Numbers chapter 12, we learn that as an adult, he had married an Ethiopian woman, and from the account, it seems obvious that Moses' wife was a black woman.

It clearly states that Miriam, Aaron's wife, was racist, and as husbands go, they take the side of the wife as it's the easy way...

The account goes on to explain that God was so angered by this racism, that he smote Miriam with leperosy such that her skin became very white, and he kept her like that for a full week, and would have kept her like that forever, if not for Aaron's prayers asking forgiveness.

So illiterate people from the great unwashed northern England who tended to believe and fear God, perhaps understood racism light years before the posers in today's sh*t stirring press?

So, belief in God is for loonies like me, according to the masses, and those masses are only just learning about racism, and they call rude names at illiterate people like me, who already understood that we are all equal in the eyes of God.

So, these Hebrews would be classed as whitey's today, and the Marxists who hate God and His Bible, who incidentally quote one verse of the Bible to justify their existence, insist that all white's are born racist, so now move on to Acts 8:26-40, and read about Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch (eunuch doesn't automatically mean one ball).

Now, consider the the coronation oath. It begins “Will you, to the utmost of your power, maintain the laws of God and the true profession of the gospel?..." Elizabeth II answered "All this I promise to do."

So, the Queen was a religious crank like me, and so were all the clergy, and that's what all naysayers want to believe, and I say let them! What are their fruits? Stabbings, shootings, drugs, racism, civil war, hatred?

And lastly, what did the Queen ever do for her people? The last child rescued from the submerged school in Aberfan became a "friend" of the Queen. In a visit in the 90's he told her that the government had taken a six figure sum out of the disaster relief fund. Shortly after that, the government gave it back! I'm sure many other stories like that could emerge.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:48am
Politics and religion are two subjects that should be avoided on HiFi fora, in my opinion.
They never end well.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:55am
Hi-fi has its own politics and religion already, unfortunately. Wink
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 10:08am
True, but that is HiFi manufacturer based, and not an end user based in France.
I am not going to discuss your personal belief, or views on politics though, let alone mention mine.

I also do not discuss the equipment I currently have in my system, as this is not the place for it either.
There is only one silver box left, which strictly speaking, I don’t really need.
Kevin
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 10:47am
The topic is Queen Elizabeth II has died and is a place on this otherwise high fidelity equipment forum, made over for those who wish to contribute their thoughts and feelings for the Elizabethan II age. I can understand why some might not like it, or are unable to comprehend my patriotism.

Over the nearly 68 years of her reign that I have been present in, I have seen my country being torn apart and emptied, and unfortnately that has been due to political and religious quarrels. It has directly affected British industry of which I am part, and have been since the 31st year of her reign. Prior to that I was an AV bod, audio enthusiast and DIY'er, and an apprentice engineer.

Some do not care who makes their high fidelity equipment, and they have free moral license to do what they like, as explained by the scriptures, and therefore I accept the way things are, whether I like it or not.

The UK parliament might have respect for their royal patron, but it all ends there. They have given much of this country away to foreign powers in return for who knows what?

You might think it perfectly OK that the Chinese Communist Party were given two years grace to make as much money as they could from UK sales, while British manufacturers had to scrap all their produce that didn't fully comply with RoHS on the day the law passed the statute books.

Where was our two years grace?

The UK parliament - so-called representatives of the peoples of these isles - paid no attention to their people's needs, but agreed to enforce the dictat of Europe (2006).

This is but one example. You, the customer may not care two hoots, so I ask, does anybody enjoy the fruits of this patriot's labour? If not, then this might be the wrong place to be!

Her Majesty, appointed by God (as 30% of the population believed during coronation year) had no hold over her parliament. To quote Brian Conley "it's a puppet", and that's what she had to be whether she liked it or not. Perhaps, like me, she didn't like Britain going down the proverbial sh*tter?

But to other's this is of no concern. Whatever they can get, they get, and that's that.

Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 11:02am
hear hear !!!!!
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 11:03am
I totally understand and appreciate the reason for this thread.
I don’t fully understand the drift though.

I am not a “Royalist” but I appreciate what our Queen achieved for our country. This is why I made the comment about Charles having big boots to fill. She will be a tough act to follow.

In the past, I have very much enjoyed the fruits of your labour, and I run the European loan scheme so that others can also share that experience. It is just that my “HiFi journey” has taken me down a different path, as my power amplifier and phono stage are DIY. I just have my pre amp left to build.
DIY is not for everybody, and people still need quality products at a reasonable price.

Obviously, fighting the big boys in the industry is not an easy task for a small manufacturer, but your products speak for themselves. I still use your phono stages from time to time, when they are not out on loan, so I can remind myself of how they perform as I am often asked which I would recommend.
Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic