FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Queen Elizabeth II has died

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 5:37pm
Darwin may say that we are 98% chimpanzee in genetical make up perhaps of understanding of the Human person.

I have doubt of the King Charles III ....i have even resentment ......He says to be following his '' mama'' but Elizabeth II was photograph as the First Monarch to dance with a Kenya man publicly in early  60's and she bore the brunt of the English Press of the Time but her Majesty was way way way above the Time .......And she was a Natural and True Christian upon belief ...she had her Offertory donation in her bag first thing on Monday morning for the next week end Service. I was honoured to serve her as My PATRON during my days at the Whitehall Civil Servant .......Rest in Peace, your Majesty   YOU FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT .....
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 10:38pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 10:47pm
"Today on March 25, 1807, Great Britain officially put an end to centuries of slave trading across its vast empire.

After years of national debate, the Parliament of the United Kingdom finally enacted the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act. The Act was the first significant step towards full emancipation for African slaves living throughout its vast empire. It essentially prevented any new people from being enslaved; however, all existing slaves sadly remained in chains. In 1787, a committee was formed by English Evangelical Protestants to explore options for ending the slave trade. An alliance led by William Wilberforce eventually united the various factions who supported emancipation.

The Atlantic Slave Trade was one of the most well organized and efficient human trading systems in history. Leading European powers used the slave trade to support their growing colonial and industrial aspirations. According to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World between 1525 and 1866 — millions more died while making the treaded voyage.

Britain subsequently began persuading other countries to follow their lead and outrightly ban human trading. The United States Congress enacted a similar bill, the Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves, later that same month. Portugal, Sweden, France, Netherlands, and Spain all agreed to restrict slave trading by 1820. Anti-slavery treaties were also signed with more than 50 African nations. The British Parliament instituted a fine of £100 for any captain transporting slaves. Factoring in inflation, that fine would be close to £8,300 in today's dollars. The following year, the Royal Navy established the West Africa Squadron to patrol and enforce the Act.

The squadron began with only two 32-gun frigates and rapidly expanded over the following decade. At the height of its operations, it represented around one-sixth of the entire Royal Navy and was renamed as the Prevention Squad. Over the next fifty years, the squadron seized over 1,500 slave ships and freed more than 150,000 Africans - many went on to settle in the Bahamas and Jamaica. It would take another twenty-six years before slavery itself became entirely outlawed in Britain. In 1833, the Slavery Abolition Act was passed, which officially made slavery illegal across the British Empire."

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 8:47am
Yes Indeed and thank you for that expose'. 

Slave Trading dates perhaps shortly after mankind realise itself ....and Power. It is a shame  a very saddening shame that Slave trading is depicted at the 19th century and Britain and France as the Protagonist. I am an avid reader of Social and economic history of Britain to appreciate and give thanks to William Pitt William Wilberforce to the Statute sealed by the Queen to abolish the Practice and resolutely enforced with the British Naval Commanders and still to this Century. 
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 5:37pm
The thing is that we realise now that it was wrong. 
Unfortunately you cannot change history, but you can learn from it.

Charles has big boots to fill.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by CageyH CageyH wrote:

The thing is that we realise now that it was wrong. 
Unfortunately you cannot change history, but you can learn from it.

Sorry to question your understanding of history, but in my opinion it is wrong:

Some people realised it was wrong over 200 years ago.

Around 400 years ago the Bible was introduced to the British Isles, and fearing God, as they did in those days, wanted to know what the Bible told of, so churches who had learned fellows who could read passages to those less fortunate (without malice a forethought as it is today), and were told of the commandments. 10 main ones and several others in the old testament.

At the same time the British Isles had ruthless profiteers and pirates, and some African chiefs were happy selling their people to them.

As more people became aware of "the laws of God", and not wanting to go to Dantes Inferno, they tried to clean up their act. This led to adopting greater awareness that all are descendants of Adam and Eve. The realisation that black, white, yellow etc are all brethren - all born equal in the eyes of God.

Therefore, as they feared God, they gradually beat off opposition and corrected their ways.

Then, around the late 1800s, Ferrar Fenton realised the upper classes were getting a bit bored of God, and in his opinion, it was the interpretation they were unable to abide. He therefore set about writing a new version as "an instrument to restore a knowledge of revelation again to the minds and souls of the British race."

He also noted "In fact, only the most illiterate portion of our villagers, in the remote mining or sheep-farming districts in the North of England, can mentally follow its meaning; for they still in their daily life speak a similar dialect, but are fast ceasing to do so under the influence of our State Education."

So, it has been secular education that turned us back towards racial hatred, and that's not just my opinion, but those of "the most illiterate portion of our villagers, in the remote mining or sheep-farming districts in the North of England" as it was as I was growing up!

Did I tell you about my black friend in my infant school days, she was called Nina (RIP).

Today, the majority mock God, and there is racial hatred everywhere, and county lines gangs, and stabbings, and a little girl shot dead in her own home by ruthless selfish thugs, and I'm afraid to say, it's because nobody fears God anymore. I mean, what a stupid idea!?

Well, scoff at me, because, like the older generation I sprang from, I believe in the creator!

(because "only the most illiterate portion of our villagers, in the remote mining or sheep-farming districts in the North of England, can mentally follow its meaning")

CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 3:24am
I am amazed that you can judge my understanding of history from two lines of text.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic