FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Queen Elizabeth II has died

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 10:30pm
I am a fan of the selfless duty of service to humankind, of all that fulfil that role.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 11:46pm
Her altruistic concern for others.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 8:31am
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/scottish-fish-chip-shop-egged-201251821.html

Absolutely no sympathy for this thoroughly disrespectful person.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 9:41am
I had to turn down two pals visiting me this weekend because I feel like death warmed up due to my UTI antibiotics.

Now, it would be great I suppose that if I knew I was about to die, that I could order all kinds of servants to take me to my second, third or fourth home so I could die there, looking out at the view I loved.

I had experience of watching my father die of old age. He wasn't running about one day, and dead the next. It was a drawn out process. You start off ill, and then that gets a bit more complicated, and then you get prescribed one drug or another, and then they decide on palliative care, and you realise you've only a little time - feeling really weak and in my dad's case wishing it would hurry up! He really couldn't abide visitors, and it would have taken him extraordinary willpower and lots of servants help to get dressed and put on an appearance for two bleedin' Tory prime ministers in one day!

I'm no Royalist either, but I have to admit Elizabeth II kept her promise, made aged 21, to serve!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 12:34pm
PS. I just have one home.
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 12:43pm
I am an early 1950's child and AFRICA or ASIA and the West Indies do NOT Know a more revered Person as Elizabeth II ...No African or Latin America or Asia can command the Respect and Dignity and Civility that Elizabeth II brought.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 1:54pm
First question of Elizabeth II taking the oath:

"Will you, to the utmost of your power, maintain the laws of God and the true profession of the gospel?"

There were other questions too, but this question took precedence.

And she answered, “All this I promise to do.”

Few people realise what "the laws of God and the true profession of the gospel" actually mean. Some would rather follow a god called Darwin.

There is a difference. One is racist the other is not.

Genesis 1: 26-28 explains! I will not repeat what Darwin said, out of respect for our EQUAL brother, Sylvain!

From what I've seen of the Darwinian Charles III so far, I am not impressed. Maybe he'll change or maybe he'll have the oath changed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic