FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Year opening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Teesside Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesside Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 4:36pm
Thanks Chris, not all companies follow the expected guidelines we expect in non covid times, I just trying to be aware of when an email or phone call would be best received. 
Before posting I tried the News and Contact tabs and two searches for xmas holidays / opening. 
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 6:16pm
Email?
Whenever, just don't expect a prompt response.
Phone?
The day after folk turn up back at work. Give 'em a chance to settle in and deal with correspondence.

I don't usually shake a leg until the day after folk return, but this year I have to get back to it a day earlier.
Something about WiFi coverage ....

Edited by Chris Firth - 31 Dec 2021 at 6:19pm
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 11:49pm
I thought it was a question to see when we were open to which I gave a jovial response. What I don't understand is how it could be taken in a seemingly hostile way?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 12:27am
I was surprised at the response you received, Graham.
It was then that I realised it was a real world question.

Having the world at your fingertips is one thing, knowing how to navigate to the correct place for the information is something else.

Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 4:54am
Thanks Chris, I now understand.

I shall have to rethink some of the forum tag lines to make them less ambiguous. Admittedly, some of them were done in haste in 2008 to launch the Owners Club forum, and now it's 2022 (how time flies!).

Perhaps I could make the head section sticky so it follows on scroll, as a reminder it isn't momsnet, etc. 

Embarrassed
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Teesside Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesside Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 12:25pm
in October / November I had an Accession mm on home demo and was pleased with the improvement, I then decided to look around at other phono stages before coming to a decision to buy the Accession.

The search resulted in my considering the EAR Yoshino PhonoBox (no volume control or adjustments) It was then that the Reflex M phono came to mind and after a few days I had contact by email with John Cadman, this was the morning of 24th December. 
My request for the reopening of business was to contact John again, I did not think he would appreciate emails or phone calls about products on a bank holiday with family visiting etc. 

The reply I received was not helpful to me, the experience of all these posts on such a simple matter is reminiscent of Facebook etc. 
Grahams reaction to my stating his reply was not helpful was a knee jerk reaction as he took it as a personal slight. 
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm
 I think Graham's reply was as polite as he could make it.
Reading "between the lines", please be patient for any response to any requests for information.
 There is no one monitoring all communication channels "all the time".
You will get a reply from somebody when they are able.
 You can't expect any better than that.
I will not be a party to any negativity... why I quit FB.
I will post only positive and supportive comments.Smile

Let us start the new year on a positive note!
Try "middle C" = 261Hz.

Edited by BAK - 01 Jan 2022 at 1:18pm
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic