FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sumertelse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumertelse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 10:28am
Hi everyone.

Just joined & wanted to say hello... & that I've just ordered my first Graham SleeClap Also a big thanks to John for the phone call.

I've been searching around this week for an headphone amp & read (and re-read) countless reviews etc. All of them in some ways had the name Graham Slee in there some where. Honestly, I had never heard of the name before (this is my first step into good gear)  So I came looking & it turns out this well known company is very very local to me so what could be better than thatSmile

So now I sit & wait for my new toy....btw it's the Solo Ultra Linear Diamond Edition.

Anyway thanks & hello.
Wayne
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 11:10am
Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forum, and to the "forthcoming" delights of GSP ownership .. Smile

Just remember to keep the ULDE continuously powered up and give it a couple of weeks or so before it performs at it's very best. Also don't be alarmed if you find yourself turning the volume control further up than you might expect. It's designed to work with a very wide variety of headphones, and performance at "lower" or "higher" settings is consistently good.

Let us know how you get on . . .
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 12:27pm
Welcome to the Forum Wayne,

It's going to seem like a long wait, but you're in for a treat with the ULDE. Once it's up & running and had that couple of weeks to settle in (as Bob recommends) perhaps you'll let us have your views.

Happy Listening.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumertelse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 12:33pm
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll make sure to follow all your advice.
Wayne
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 1:26pm
Welcome to the forum Wayne.
The Solo UL is a fantastic piece of equipment. I'm sure you'll be just as delighted as I was, and still am, with it. It was the very first piece of GSP gear I got as well, and more have followed naturally after it.

Hope you'll find the forum helpful and a nice place to be as well!
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 6:09pm
Welcome from me too...

I only started using the ULDE on Tuesday and it impressed me as sharper and clearer than I am used to with headphones

Having had no opportunity in between, I played the same album before work this morning and noticed the music had opened out, becoming more enveloping with a definitely warmer, more natural signature. As I purchased this 'a few months old' I guess it is settling down quite quickly

My time without music on the go is becoming pretty sparse these days which has to be a good thing  (vinyl-Reflex, headphones-ULDE, mobile-Bitzie...maybe a GSP i-Pillow next? Wink

Edited by Drewan77 - 14 Mar 2014 at 6:10pm
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumertelse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 6:29pm
Again thanks for the nice welcomes. I have 2 weeks or so to wait patiently (yeah right lol) I'm sure it will be worth it though.

Hope you all enjoy yours while I have to waitLOL
Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic