FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Member in 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:37pm
Hi Bill,

I also built a Genera and I'm running an Ortofon 2M Black with it on what started as an NAD TT (several mods later, I think the only original part is the main bit of the tonearm). Great little phono stage and after a few days of use sounds even better.

Once all was burnt in, while playing the U2 Joshua Tree album, my wife commented "I haven't heard that before" to which my response was "We've had this for ages (the album)". "No! I'm hearing things in the music I hadn't heard before".

Geoff
BillT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 2:19pm
Geoff,

I use a Dual 1219......100% stock but rebuilt a year ago. I am setup with Ortofon 2M Blue running on a new headshell; also have the Empire 999 PE/X from 4 decades ago as well as a Shure M97xE as backup. What I have noticed is a goodly amount of headroom (no clipping on bass drum passages) and the music is generally much more alive, with the few LP's I have listened to. I was using an old Dynaco PAT4 preamp for its phono stage feeding the new Yamaha home theater receiver......now it can be gracefully retired.

In my system configuration the Genera will be always on, with the wall wart hanging on a AC receptacle "eternally" burning in.

I am in the process of rediscovering and adding my vinyl collection, and thoroughly enjoying it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic