FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Music you like more as you got older

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Bi-wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Would never have listened to this type of music when younger.

Ah yes, Richard, I think you've just hit the nail on the head there ... LOL
Peter

Satisfied user of: Revelation M, PSU1-Enigma, Solo SRGII and lots of CuSat50
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2022 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Bi-wire Bi-wire wrote:

Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Would never have listened to this type of music when younger.

Ah yes, Richard, I think you've just hit the nail on the head there ... LOL

Yes - too much pressure on the young to conform  - nothing new there though.

Subdivisions
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out

We are young
Wandering the face of the earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal
For a limited time
Conformism, fashion.
Much chart music has always been just another form of fashion, but a deeply 'unfashionable' band like Rush had the chops to express the thoughts of some of us....Wink

Edited by RichW - 23 Dec 2022 at 7:49pm
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Grumpysaurus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpysaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 6:50pm
I'm finding that there is music, or rather the artists of music, that I've dismissed for years due to the overplaying of them on mainstream radio.

One example is Fleetwood Mac.  I've always liked their music but avoided buying any due to the saturation playback they had during the 70s and 80s.  In the last couple of years I've been listening to their music, including the songs that they're most well known for.  More pertinent now with the recent passing of Christine McVie.

Another example is Elton John.  I've "discovered" his early music, which is really rather good.

Most importantly, I'm enjoying the music, something I would have not had said ten years ago.

Other music I'm slowly coming back to includes REM and Soul to Soul.  It's fun, this music thing, isn't it?

Deano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 8:40am
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Country & Western - - - only kidding LOL

Hated it when young.  Try Townes Van Zandt, John Prine etc., etc.  There is some very good stuff out there.  Real music, not just "put another log on the fire" sh*t.

Cheers

Deano
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 7:54pm
Had to go into town today to pay in a  cheque as I couldn't do it with the phone app, I was told by my bank it's one of those which most apps have a problem with, so while I was in there I had a look in HMV and picked up a copy of Tubeway Army "Replicas", I remember listening to this when it first came out but never got round to buying the album.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 8:13pm
A classic LP.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 9:14pm
Sounds good on my new turntable, which I have put my 2M Bronze on to, the next up grade will be a metal sub-platter.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic