FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Mismatch between Voyager and iPod LOD?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Darren/Audio Elevati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 6:37pm
I'll get a plug to John to try though I'm not sure it can actually improve his taste in music, it's only a plug after all..LOL
krismusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krismusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 6:41pm
I was luck enough to be given an 80G Classic. Don't think I would ever have bought one as the SQ has such a bad rep on the net. Straight it sounds to me, as bad as people said. amped with the Voyager via the headphone out, it sounds pretty good to me. I am hoping that an LOD will lift performance again. People over on Headfi.org seem to get on fine with their dock connectors. Russ Andrews uses a very chunky looking connector.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by krismusic krismusic wrote:

Russ Andrews....

Moderator hat on....

Careful... Thumbs%20Down
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
krismusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krismusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 8:47pm
I do apologise. Embarrassed I should know better. Dead
You still feel that any LOD is going to give a poor connection? I presume that you checked out a few?
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 10:26pm
In my case I have tried well over 20 different dock connectors and currently I own three (one is stationary). So yes, many dock connectors sound very good.
Miguel
Darren/Audio Elevati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 6:59am
..but not on the move where they break.  And the Voyager is destined to be used on the move so it needs to be reliable every day of the week.
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 9:51pm
I acutually have used a few docks on the move w/o any problems. The ones I have used are made both in the USA and in China and have worked very nicely.
Miguel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic