FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Lucky Find

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bonzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucky Find
    Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 8:48pm
Was out today with SWMBO wandering around a town I've not been to for a long time, apart from the sort of changes and new buildings etc that are to be expected, came across an HMV so popped in for a look (would've been rude not too), anyway 15minutes later came out with a big smile and 3 double albums and one single.
The day only got better when SWMBO suggested over lunch that we make this a regular (well monthly) mid week trip. WINNER 😇
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 8:53pm
Was the lucky find HMV, or SWMBO? Wink
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Bonzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 9:02pm
HMV, 🥳🥳 (been trying to lose SWMBO for the last 47 years, but suppose I'd be lost without her.....or rich). 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 10:08pm
The HMV where I live keeps opening & closing and as I have to make a special journey into town I can't be bothered "I hate shopping in town" to find out if it's still open. I only tend to go in when I want something like footwear or clothing (I like to try things on) the last time I went into HMV they had changed the location of the shop and I only found it by chance. It's a pity as I had their loyalty card and they would sometime have some good deals on or money off, I don't even get emails from now like I used to.

Edited by lfc jon - 09 Mar 2022 at 10:10pm
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Bonzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 1:58pm
Finding this particular HMV gives me another place to hide whilst we "go shopping" there's another branch about 15 miles away but we don't go there so often. 
I'm fortunate to have a great local record shop, they've 2 shops in nearby towns we regularly use, real old fashioned place full of records & cd's even a small selection of used LP's and helpful aren't they just. 
So it's nice to find somewhere different I'll stick with my local bods for the majority of my purchases.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 6:19pm
Where I live there is only one record shop that sales new records that's if it's still open. I usually travel about 30 mins to one in Totnes other than that I have three second hand record shops near by, But most of them don't stock what I like, One is good he will try and find a record if you wont.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic