FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

John C to continue HiFi System Components

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 12:22am
Happy retirement Graham.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 9:08pm
To quote John Mellencamp (on the inner sleeve of the Scarecrow album)
"There is nothing more sad or glorious as generations changing hands".

Have an enjoyable retirement Graham, you've handed on into safe hands.
Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 12:48am
Happy retirement Mr. Slee.
Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
sheepskinstu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheepskinstu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 11:23am
Enjoy your retirement Graham. Smile

My dealings with John have never been anything other than excellent so the company is in safe hands. 

Cheers. 
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by sheepskinstu sheepskinstu wrote:

My dealings with John have never been anything other than excellent so the company is in safe hands. 

Very true Stu.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 4:13pm
I echo the comments of those before me.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
John1479 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John1479 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 8:12pm
A Happy and Prosperous New Year to all concerned with HiFi System Components, and all forum members. Party

Enormous respect and congratulations Graham, upon your realisation of this significant achievement and as you embark upon the next stage of your journey.

Similarly, congratulations John and very best wishes for your continued growth and future successes.

Dear members, assume that this footnote is FYEO.

It occured to me some years ago that Mr Slee holds a rather unique (IMHO) position in todays UK based audio world. A number of very obvious factors support this. Research, Developement, Innovation, Manufacturing, Exports. Product and Customer Support. Then there is this forum. Any time spent mining this forum will reveal the remarkable willingness and dedication to share knowledge, to explain the simple and the complex. To challenge the mediocre, the mainstream and the mythologies in the HiFi market with relentless fervour in open unashamed pursuit of honesty and integrity.  This shared knowledge is remarkable, whether it is too advanced, as most of it is for myself, or too uncomfortable for some, as no doubt it exposes and challenges, regardless, the results are in the high performance and fair pricing of all  HiFi System Components products.

I can't help myself here because I truly believe that Graham deserves greater credit than it is possible to bestow here. With this in mind, I would like to make a suggestion to those members with greater knowledge than myself and whose administrative skills are more keenly tuned, that perhaps it is time that proposal/nomination was written and presented to the UK govt and perhaps the University of Sheffield that some form of public honour should be awarded to Mr Slee in acknowledgement of his work as Business man, Engineer and Lecturer.

I looked into this some time ago but I don't believe that I have the indepth knowledge to write an accurate proposal and besides, as some of you might recall, according to Michael Fremer, I write highly emotional emails. Wink LOL

I hope that at least one of the inner circle is in agreement and is able to put a plan together to take this suggestion and make something happen, a collective proposal perhaps?
John
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic