FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

In-Ear Cans for Voyager?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
tma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 10:19am
With IE8 I tried several earplugs - tried with Sony and Ultimate ears. But Comply is almost perfect. It stays in ears even when I walk or run firmly.
X10 are very good headphones but bass is weaker then with IE8 and soundstage is smaller. In fact soundstage with IE8 is very big.
Sennheiser HD650
Solo SRGII + PSU1
Gram AMP 2 Communicator
Voyager
Sennheiser IE8 (Comply foam), Klipsch Image X10, Bose InEar
Luxman PD-262
Sony DAT
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 10:44am
Just to change the emphasis here...

At each price point, eg £50.00 etc what would be the best

1) in ear 'phones or

2) over ear headphones?

Adrian.
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 11:40am
Under $77 USD I like the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 3 for an IEM. If you are looking for buds I really like the Yuin PK1 at about $150 USD. At $250 I like the Westone 2, I would like to try the DBA2 IEM from Russia.
Miguel
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 9:24pm
Don't know why but I have only just come across this thread

I am using a pair of Shure SE530 IEMs. Expensive, yes but very good. I really don't know how they manage to produce the the base that they do! Overall I am very pleased with them, they work very well with the Voyager.

Below is a more technical description:

[Quote]
Optimized for listening to high-quality recordings and lossless formats, the Shure SE530 utilizes three balanced armature drivers - one dedicated tweeter and dual woofers. Additionally, integrated passive crossovers ensure that high and low frequencies remain distinct and defined. The result is an incredibly wide and detailed soundstage, distinguished by precision highs and robust bass. This innovative triple driver configuration is first in class for universal fit, sound isolating earphones. [Quote]

Hope this is helpful to Graham and anyone else looking for IEMs

Les
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 8:56pm

That description is mouth watering, less! The SE530's have a good review on What Hifi Sound and Vision. As do the IE8's and the X10's and more...

It's a pity we can't audition in-ears to compare them and get the ones that best suit our personal tastes. Or has anyone found a way to do this?
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 11:42am
A few of the members that live close by could do a group buy where each members puts down a portion of the cost. Each tries them and at the end one buys it at a reduced cost, then all the participants get a portion of their upfront expense back.
Miguel
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 6:09pm

Good idea. Presumably some alcohol wipes could be used to clean or sterilise the tips/buds that go inside the ear? Alternatively the shared cost could include ordering some spare tips for anyone wanting a unused set for their trial?

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic