FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Impartiality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 6:02pm
Sorry, yes, perhaps I spoke too soon and without thinking but I am very sceptical of advertising like this. I got a bit carried away due to impatience with proclamations such as "lifetime warranty". You think they'd replace a product for a customer if it audibly degenerated after several years of use? (Or do they mean that they promise to fix any problems that may occur in the future??) To be fair, I didn't claim their products to be rubbish; my ridicule was more of their approach to advertising, of which I am very tired of. I am always critical of any advertising with even the slightest tinge of possible dishonesty.

Edited by Ash - 02 Sep 2014 at 6:10pm
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 8:59pm
What lifetime are they talking about Ash?
The product lifetime, or yours?
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 9:35pm
Probably the lifetime of the device....

For example, if you connect a normal op-amp the wrong way round to its voltage supply its life is over!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 10:02pm
and THAT is exactly the ambiguity that I was gunning, not the manufacturer or the product itself.

You know me... I sometimes speak before I think... but I just don't trust marketing at all. It's the same everywhere; not just audio. Things are rarely as transparent and sincere as they may seem; a devil in disguise. Mis-selling and dishonesty makes some businesses rich...

At least there are a genuine few; like here. That's why I don't resent spending £3000-£4000 GBP at GSPAudio; because they actually deserve it.

Okay, mini-rant over. Wink

RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 10:41am
You have a healthy scepticism Ash.
There are people in company marketing departments throughout the world paid to put the best possible spin on whatever it is they are trying to sell. They can be highly skilled at it.
The bigger the company, the slicker the spin.
Genuine untainted honesty seems sadly rare these days.
GSP is of course a genuine exception Wink

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 10:41pm
Agreed.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic