FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Impartiality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
LOINER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOINER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

It shows a) the belief that Graham has in his products, and b) his innate trust in human nature . . .Thumbs Up
(A)If the ULDE is anything to go by then that belief is well founded I find myself wanting to listen to more and more of my music, whereas before i just couldn't be bothered which is unusual for me, i would rather listen to music than watch television,hence the need for a headphone amplifier.
(B) I hope that no one betrays that trust

STUART
SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION
LAUTUS DUAL MONO 1.5M INTERCONNECTS
GRAM AMP 2SE
oldagetraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldagetraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 2:39pm
I'm sure someone will correct me, but I think there has been only one publicised problem with the loaner programme which involved Spatia speaker cables?
Graham has to be applauded for allowing items to be sent on trust to completed strangers. I've used the programme more than once and on each occasion have purchased on the strength of what I've borrowed. The forum members who oversee the loans are to be applauded too for the time and effort they put into it.
Peter

P T- LPT/RB300/G1042, Pink Triangle Tarantella/Nima/Ortofon 2M Black, SL1210II, Naim CD5, NAC112, NAP150, Flatcap2, Proac SC1, GS SoloUL,GS Accession , Senn HD250 & HD540.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by oldagetraveller oldagetraveller wrote:

The forum members who oversee the loans are to be applauded too for the time and effort they put into it.

+1
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 9:58pm
Thank you.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
dillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 10:23am
In my 2 plus years of actively engaging in what is popularly now termed "Head Fi" forums, there is one salutory lesson I have learnt if nothing else. Its a minefield of ill informed, mis-informed, arrogant, blinkered, totalitarian advertiser and sponsor driven drivel. A parallel or even holographic universe where objective measurements are the last thing anyone wants to know about. Where manufacturers play on the relative ignorance of their fanbois to sell shoddy product at hyper inflated prices - call it high end...stick a multi-thousand dollar price tag on it and provide no published and/or verifiable measurements at all of any worth whatsoever. 

And if ...boy if...any properly qualified mechanical or electrical or sound engineer dares to provide proof that their products are indeed measurably inferior to a modestly priced unit? Ban them from the forums and try to ostracise them!!!!  Try and dirty their reputation or claim they don't know what they are talking about - whilst not answering any of the questions posed n the first place. 

One of the most popular forums across the pond serves as a reference example: begins with  an H and ends with an I...and is run by a guy with a name from the classic Beatles toon. Hey. geddit yet?

Faced with incontrovertible proof that several of his paid sponsors products were rubbish - and in a recent case, downright dangerous to the headphones being powered by a well loved product - he and his moderator acolytes simply abused the engineer in question and banned him for no other reason than these said sponsors were not happy bunnies. Objective testing is pretty much banned on these sites.  

Ironically when the former respected leader of said forum measured the engineers own product that he had developed to show his sub £100 was as good as a reference grade £1200 product, he found the measurements agreed with the claims published by the engineer. 

So I've left all those other forums and simply now come on here  - and of course my newly discovered other qualified hi fi engineer's blog across the pond for balanced useful advice.     

Funny ole world innit?  
Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace w Space Arm & Dynavector 10x5 HOMC/GSP Revelation M/John Sampson upgraded Meridian 508.24 CDP/Sony 777ES SACD/ProAc Response D18/GSP Solo ULDE/GSP cables and ICs
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 11:07am
Originally posted by dillon dillon wrote:

So I've left all those other forums and simply now come on here

Hug

Haha, GSPAudio is one of the few sites I actually bother with as well.

I do occasionally venture onto head-fi in the hope that there is still a handful of individuals on there that aren't already too far gone. I try to salvage what I can but some people are far beyond listening to reason or rational thinking. I facepalm every time I go to the homepage of head-fi because a lot of the main advertisements advocate audio B.S of the highest order. They encourage headphone collecting with their silly materialistic views and I don't think they really know what high-fidelity reproduction even is. They're well off the mark... They seem obsessed with reinventing the wheel, over and over again, emerging instead with a hexagon or an octagon and claiming that progress has been made. It's sad that they don't realise how truly behind the times they are... Confused
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
dillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 2:23pm
What freaks me out mate is it sounds all so believable when a newbie goes on there. It took Graham and a few other peeps to save me from spending potentially 000s of pounds on crap by providing us with accurate information. Then to add insult to injury if you dont follow the party line on headfi youre literally the antichrist. The damage done to people who are otherwise rational financially is dangerous. The general public are being hoodwinked into buying ever more expensive versions of the same bleedin headamps and phones thru magic myth and unsubstantiated specs.
Its a wholly offensive cult over in headfi.org land....and the poor victims know not what they do.

I will gorever be indebted to the engineer in question NwAvGuy for putting me straight and proving price does not equate to performance....and in consequence a lifetime of useless upgraditis.

Dil

Edited by dillon - 27 Dec 2013 at 2:30pm
Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace w Space Arm & Dynavector 10x5 HOMC/GSP Revelation M/John Sampson upgraded Meridian 508.24 CDP/Sony 777ES SACD/ProAc Response D18/GSP Solo ULDE/GSP cables and ICs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic