FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hybrid systems (valve and solid-state)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 10:57pm

Please go right ahead, we love it when you talk like that  Thumbs%20Up

Just don't get all upset if our dumb comments or RFCs on other ways we have seen of doing things run counter to your own thinking.

It does not mean we discount your knowledge or experience, au contraire, we value your thoughts on these things, which is why we raise them for comment.

Being rather practical in such matters, I tend to gather as much information as I can and then test it against my own experience, if I note the audible effects that I have heard described theoretically then that is added to the "OK I learned one thing list", if I do not, I do not immediately discard it, rather it goes in the "dunno, haven't noticed that yet list" for re-evaluation and consideration if and when such effect impinges on my consciousness and or detracts from my enjoyment of the music.

The "dunno list" is a very fruitful source of potential improvements.

I do happen to like Bachs works for lute and harpsichord and a good cartridge and phono stage will allow nearly every strike on the bongo drum (well down in the mix) to be heard distinctly on Simply Reds track "Look at you now" on the album Picture Book.

You know we love your work  Hug

PS sometimes we tease or are just plain mischievous too you know Wink

FritzS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FritzS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 4:43am

... one of the "best" hybrid amp I had seen in audioXpress ...

an AD power OPA (if I remember right it could drive 10W into 8 OHM self) drive single 811 / 211 direct heated tube in class A, between the OPA and the tube a upstep transformer used - the tube use a second transformer to drive low impedance loudspeakers.

AKG K812, K872, K712, Q701, K701, K501, K550, K271, Denon AH-D 7000
"Green" SOLO (with LME49860NA), WNA MKII
Marantz SA7001 KI, Philips CD650
Revox B790, G1042, Reflex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic