FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Grado Gold loading with the Gram amp2SE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mrule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 7:57am
Hi folks, Grahm, it's nice to hear from you. Good call on the Tandy book and the usefulness of building from it. I think I have that book- I was 19 in 72' and haunted the local Radio Shack & Lafayette stores. it is indeed a Karlson Enclosure. They were marketed by Dr. Karlson as kits in the 50's and were very popular, although their sound often left a lot to be desired. If you sold the kits through your tv repair shop, you were given a record of a thunderstorm to be played for prospective clients. If that didn't sell them, you blew out matches held in front of the ports. You are also right that it is not a viable design as originally depicted; it would be a pretty awful sounding speaker for a number of reasons. If I can figure out how to download the file I'll do so. It was a very successful project that I would encourage anyone to take on if they want a complex, rewarding project.  They are the gold standard of all of my (discriminating!)audiophile friends.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic