FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Garrard 401 and GS Accession MC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:19pm
I'm pleased if between us, we've been of some help, Lloyd. The theory can only ever be a pointer, the important thing is how it performs. Enjoy.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
ClevedonGinger View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClevedonGinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:26pm
Cheers Graham, it might be a while before I report back, lots of work to get the Garrard up and working, a new plinth then a service etc. 

Definitely will update Smile
Keep an Open Mind
GS Accession MC Silver
McIntosh C52 preamp McIntosh MC152 power
Technics SL1100 TT
Klipsch Forte 3 speakers
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ClevedonGinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 12:10pm
Update, SME now not happening, new plan, Audiomods Series 5 arm which I’ve ordered with Jeff to use with my soon to be Garrard 401 

Type
Classic III arm
Finish: Specification:
Estimated completion date:
17/12/2022
DMY
    Stainless steel / polished
 Silver Litz 0.9m continuous wiring loom, KLE bullet RCAs
Bridged arm yoke
S6 bearing assembly
VTA finger lock
Alloy arm rest
S6 variable mass counterweight 105-140g Headshell shim set
Presentation box

Now you may ask why not the S6? Well I’m a bit shallow and find the looks especially the headshell a bit awkward, I know it should be all about the sound, but “you eat with your eyes” Wink Jeff did say i could upgrade it to the 6 at a later date.

Would still like the forum’s opinion, am i on the right track?

Edited by ClevedonGinger - 08 Nov 2022 at 12:11pm
Keep an Open Mind
GS Accession MC Silver
Technics SL1100 TT
Klipsch Forte 3 speakers
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 12:46pm

Good choice - Audiomods arms are excellent and Jeff is one of the best in the industry to deal with.
I've owned the Series 4 & now the 6 & rate them highly.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:46pm
They are very well reviewed, and stated to play well with a wide range of cartridges, Lloyd, but I don't have any experience of them (or Regas) myself, so unable to add anything. Rich is your man.
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClevedonGinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:57pm
Thanks guys, Jeff certainly is a top chap, helpful and quick to respond to queries👍 Looking forward to completing this project- all part of the fun 🤩 
Keep an Open Mind
GS Accession MC Silver
Technics SL1100 TT
Klipsch Forte 3 speakers
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 4:22pm
I've had an Audiomods Classic with 0.9m silver Litz since 2010, very pleased with it. It's used with my Garrard 401, an excellent combination.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic