FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

European Dogs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: European Dogs
    Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 6:48am
I'm afraid SM-PS by its very nature emits ultra sonic sound and there is absolutely nothing that will completely remove it.

To be able to meet the Eco-design directive which sets energy efficiencies and for the SM-PS to be affordable and of reasonable physical size requires the use of operating frequencies in the ultra-sonic region.

Therefore the Eco design directive's implementing measure on external power supplies directly contravenes the following directive.

The DIRECTIVE 2006/95/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
of 12 December 2006, states in Article 2
"1. The Member States shall take all appropriate measures to
ensure that electrical equipment may be placed on the market
only if, having been constructed in accordance with good
engineering practice in safety matters in force in the Community,
it does not endanger the safety of persons, domestic animals or
property when properly installed and maintained and used in
applications for which it was made.
2. The principal elements of the safety objectives referred to in
paragraph 1 are listed in Annex I."
ANNEX I
Principal Elements of the Safety Objectives for Electrical Equipment Designed For Use within Certain Voltage
Limits, states in
"2 (a) that persons and domestic animals are adequately protected against the danger of physical injury or other harm
which might be caused by direct or indirect contact;"
"2 (c) that persons, domestic animals and property are adequately protected against non-electrical dangers caused by
the electrical equipment which are revealed by experience;"

Because a dog is a domestic animal and its hearing is very acute at these ultra-sonic frequencies...

EU-idiots?

I'm sure they'll have their excuses

Edited by Graham Slee - 28 Apr 2008 at 7:14am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 9:12am
Don't worry too much about the European dogs, Graham. Someone is importing dogs from Sri Lanka. Although these may have rabies, their hearing may be different! LOL
Analog Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Analog Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 7:52pm
Dogs are shameless animals. I prefer cats. They are much kuter.

Edited by Analog Kid - 29 Apr 2008 at 7:53pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 9:54pm
Cats are very good for business in my line of work Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic