FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Complete GSP Systems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

Jon; the bold wall colour is a GIK bass trap, they made a big difference.

Yes indeed. I've got some 244's in my living room.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Stewboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 9:03am

Jon; the bold wall colour is a GIK bass trap, they made a big difference.
Bob; the speakers are PMC Twenty 23.

I just heard my uncle's latest system. He has some PMC Twenty 24's. I wasn't able to stay long but they sounded very detailed and natural to my ears and the scale was enormous. The recording was mostly strings from 1960!
Equipment choices:

Playstation 3 SACD, Bitzie DAC, Meridian Explorer DAC, Lautus USB cable, HD250-II, HD650
Stewboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by mitch65 mitch65 wrote:

Had to do it. I bought a Majestic a few weeks ago and today after a trip down the A1 to PX my old amps. I have a pair of Proprius.

Got home and connected them up, the wiring will be sorted soon. Very first impression is how on earth can a 25Watt monoblock amplifier sound more authoritive and control bass better than a 250w monoblock (Audiolab 8200MB) and that's straight from the box, can't wait to hear what it all sound like with some playing time on them. Spent most of yesterday and all the journey to collect them wondering if I'm doing the right thing, like the Majestic it's a case of wondering why I didn't do it sooner.

I can safely say without fear of contradiction that I am jealous, very nice Wink

What are those speakers resting on?
Equipment choices:

Playstation 3 SACD, Bitzie DAC, Meridian Explorer DAC, Lautus USB cable, HD250-II, HD650
Gary View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 2:06pm
Stewboss; the blue slabs were from ebay used, only bought them because they were cheap and blue, they are resin with marble chips, the black slabs are the finest real marble hi-fi quality speaker isolation platforms you can get (in my oppinion) bought from Tesco (labled as chopping boards) about 2 years ago.
Solo ULDE, CuSat50, Spatia Links
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:08pm
Being resourceful doesn't just provide an effective solution it can also save a great deal of money. I had a local stonemason cut some speaker stands in 30mm black granite to a template I provided to match the planform of my Tannoy D300 and drilled 8mm to accept threaded spikes, £99 for the pair.  More expensive than the Tesco cutting boards but not bad for a bespoke solution!  
earwiggo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earwiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 9:06pm
I did exactly the same, I went to the local memorial masons, picked some leftover headstone/gravestone granite that was a lovely beige/grey with lots of sparkling silver bits in and he then rounded off all of the edges, then highly polished the lot. They are 3 inches deeper and wider than my Dynaudio 3 (the best I have ever come across) speaker stands and made a superb difference to the sound quality of my Linn Majik 109 speakers that were already excellent. Came to about £90 and worth every penny!

Happy Christmas to all here in GSP forum and to the genius that is Graham and his fabulous team Clap
...If only I knew that yesterday!
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 8:13am
Hi All,
     When I started this thread five pages ago (!) I was contemplating the full GSP experience. Well, it has eventuated! I've had some Spatia to complete my system courtesy of the Australian loan program. It went back today and I've ordered a set. Reflex M, Majestic, Proprius, Libran/Lautus/Spatia/links is the set up and I'm in heaven! Haven't bought or read a hifi magazine since the Proprius arrived and I'm rediscovering my CD collection in a way I didn't think would ever happen again.
Thanks, Greame and everyone else at GSP Audio, Keith at vinyleye (Aussie loan program), and everyone on the forum who has been so welcoming, informative and helpful. I hope more people get to experience the joy!
Cheers,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic