FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Complete GSP Systems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 5:11pm
Hi Mick,
I haven't been around for a while so only just read this thread.

I have a full GSP system and am very pleased, nay, delighted with it. I also had (have, it's for sale) an Alpha 9 integrated, which I was quite happy with but I much prefer my GSP Proprius amps paired with Majestic, Revelation and Novo headphone amp. The latter I would like to upgrade to a Solo and will do so when funds permit.

Most of my cables are GSP as well with the remainder being diy using sat cable and identical plugs.

My speakers are quite humble Usher S520s but the Proprius amps drive them very loud if I want them to. A decent pair of floor standers (three way) would be nice but back to money again!

I really enjoy listening to music on my system but I have also routed the tv through it as well, which produces much better sound quality.
I'm sure when your components are bedded in you will reap much enjoyment from them. As others have noted here and elsewhere on the forum, what you are listening to takes centre stage. The equipment does what you expect, it just disappears.
Regards
Les
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 5:21pm
Yes, I was simply astounded by AKG K1000 from Proprius and Bitzie. Absolutely ridiculous purity. It's like there was no equipment at all. I cannot fully express the seriousness of my praise. No more headphones for me; it's music time!
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by less less wrote:

Hi Mick,
I haven't been around for a while so only just read this thread.

I have a full GSP system and am very pleased, nay, delighted with it. I also had (have, it's for sale) an Alpha 9 integrated, which I was quite happy with but I much prefer my GSP Proprius amps paired with Majestic, Revelation and Novo headphone amp. The latter I would like to upgrade to a Solo and will do so when funds permit.

Most of my cables are GSP as well with the remainder being diy using sat cable and identical plugs.

My speakers are quite humble Usher S520s but the Proprius amps drive them very loud if I want them to. A decent pair of floor standers (three way) would be nice but back to money again!

I really enjoy listening to music on my system but I have also routed the tv through it as well, which produces much better sound quality.
I'm sure when your components are bedded in you will reap much enjoyment from them. As others have noted here and elsewhere on the forum, what you are listening to takes centre stage. The equipment does what you expect, it just disappears.
Regards
Les

Thanks, Les. I'm there now and extremely happy. Just amazed now that it's all bedded in. Happiness in listening to music. I do wonder what a new turntable could do for me now that rest is all so sorted. Anyone out there own a Clearaudio Performance DC?
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Gary View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 1:28pm
Had to do it. I bought a Majestic a few weeks ago and today after a trip down the A1 to PX my old amps. I have a pair of Proprius.

Got home and connected them up, the wiring will be sorted soon. Very first impression is how on earth can a 25Watt monoblock amplifier sound more authoritive and control bass better than a 250w monoblock (Audiolab 8200MB) and that's straight from the box, can't wait to hear what it all sound like with some playing time on them. Spent most of yesterday and all the journey to collect them wondering if I'm doing the right thing, like the Majestic it's a case of wondering why I didn't do it sooner.
Solo ULDE, CuSat50, Spatia Links
mitch65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

Had to do it. I bought a Majestic a few weeks ago and today after a trip down the A1 to PX my old amps. I have a pair of Proprius.

Got home and connected them up, the wiring will be sorted soon. Very first impression is how on earth can a 25Watt monoblock amplifier sound more authoritive and control bass better than a 250w monoblock (Audiolab 8200MB) and that's straight from the box, can't wait to hear what it all sound like with some playing time on them. Spent most of yesterday and all the journey to collect them wondering if I'm doing the right thing, like the Majestic it's a case of wondering why I didn't do it sooner.

I can safely say without fear of contradiction that I am jealous, very nice Wink

Edited by mitch65 - 06 Dec 2014 at 3:39pm
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 9:53pm

Very first impression is how on earth can a 25Watt monoblock amplifier sound more authoritive and control bass better than a 250w monoblock (Audiolab 8200MB) and that's straight from the box...

Yes, and such an old-fashioned left-for-dead solid state transistor design they are - it will make some people's blood boil!

Thank you for your support Gary - it is very much appreciated.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 11:10pm

Had to do it. I bought a Majestic a few weeks ago and today after a trip down the A1 to PX my old amps. I have a pair of Proprius... ...Spent most of yesterday and all the journey to collect them wondering if I'm doing the right thing, like the Majestic it's a case of wondering why I didn't do it sooner.

Congratulations Gary! I know how you feel. I was first in the Proprius loan queue and ordered my own pair the day I sent the loan units onto the 2nd person in the queue. The Proprius amps easily outperformed the amplifiers in the CA 840A v2 I had. The GSP amps gave me a room filled with musical instruments and voices, with fullness and separation between the low frequencies parts I had only heard on headphones. Another piece of great British hi-fi from GSP.

BTW I like your photo. Nice to see a bold wall colour and the complementary woods look good.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic