FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cart matching

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Malamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cart matching
    Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 7:57am
Hi all,

As a summary and starting point for me. What carts are considered the best match for GS phonos both MM and MC.

I’ve decided on a GS phono, not sure which one, but I’m also looking for cart recommendations before I join the lending program 

Thanks all
Bags View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:45pm
Folk on the forum use a wide variety of cartridges and so in some ways it's down to personal taste.

What you can be sure of is that whatever your budget is then a GS phono stage will get the most out of it.

I'm sure posher MC cartridges have their virtues but to my ageing ears a modern mm cartridge with a good stylus eg. Microline or Shibata will be as good as a lower end MM.

As with most things Graham's phono stages get better as you go up in price but the law of diminishing returns applies.  Many on the forum were very happy with their reflex phono stage until Graham bettered it.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:21am
I'm in agreement with Bags on choice between MC and MM. And that the GS phono stages are neutral and let your  music and cartridge come through.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic