FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Audio Technica AT VM95ML Cartridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by sheepskinstu sheepskinstu wrote:

Hi David,

I bought this cartridge and I'm very pleased with it so far. Surface noise seems fairly low even on quite worn but clean records. I picked up a copy of the Abbey Road remastered version of C'est Chic and it's a fantastic sound and a nice pressing. Worth checking out. 

Stuart

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm still using it as my daily driver cartridge months later. When the stylus wears out I'll likely buy a replacement and keep using it, even when I eventually upgrade my turntable. I've recommended the cartridge to a number of folks and everyone that's bought one has been very pleased. 

My copy of C'est Chic actually came from the $1 bin and is an old 70s Atlantic pressing mastered by Dennis King IIRC. Anything from that Abbey Road series is quite pricey over here in the U.S. most of the time, which is the main reason why I haven't tried one yet. I may try one down the line. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
sheepskinstu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sheepskinstu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 5:11pm
Have a look on Discogs, there's a few people selling it new in the U.S for less than twenty dollars.

Edited by sheepskinstu - 25 Dec 2019 at 5:12pm
neilb1906 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilb1906 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:13pm
I use this cart into a reflex M too.Then into a Naim Nait XS2. Brilliant combo. Great value cartridge.

I however use the ML stylus for most of my LPs, but find that the jazz stuff favours the SHibata stylus, that I also have.

N
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic