FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Anyone running KEF speakers??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 6:47pm
you may wish to try jerry at falcon acoustics sure they do kits for caps of most or all of kef range and well priced and as original as practical. 

Yes they do take time to burn in and as I changed my interns wiring and bindings posts at ten same time cannot comment on which compieentwas responsible for what but did improve sound quite a lot though cannot readily swap back again 

From memory sound was cleaned up tighter, better soundstage and speakers became more invisible. Dynamics improved and general colouration reduced 

Worthwhile in my experience and suspect the cables did contribute significantly 
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 7:41pm
No problem Andrew, I might contact Kef and see what they can tell me.
Good idea Richard, Falcon are pretty helpful as well, I will drop them an email.
Finally I will also contact Wilmslow Audio who sold me the original kits.

Don't know what I will do if I get three completely different answers!

Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 9:39pm
probably see what their responses are you will see the Falcoln connection with KEF even they now produce new OE drivers B110,B139 so have a leaning towards FA but should be 3 reliable sources-hopefully will all give you the same response!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 8:55am
Testing and CAD simulation have moved on enormously so a modern crossover for the old drivers (assuming they are 100%) could be different to the 1970's crossover.

Bencat's active digital approach sounds straightforward when done carefully as he describes. Otherwise it is reasonably straight forward to design and build a passive crossover if you have the skills and tools. I'm an amateur not a professional speaker designer so I measure each driver's frequency response and impedance curves in the speaker enclosure and go from there.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 10:21am
Unfortunately Jon I don't have all the measurement equipment although I would be fascinated to attempt it! Presumably measurements would have to be made in a acoustically neutral room?
I think a simulated approach, using datasheet info might be the best I could achieve. 
Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic