FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Analog to Digital converter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
mooncalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooncalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 10:57am
Originally posted by kgilroy kgilroy wrote:

I don't know if it helps but this is my own musical journey:

Like many others I ditched Vinyl for CDs in the 90's and for years my system consisted of a Marantz SACD player and NAD amplification. About 10 years ago I got the urge to check out vinyl so bought a turntable and used the phono input on the NAD. To be honest I couldn't really tell the difference between the turntable and SACD player playing versions of the same albums.

I then bought a Graham Slee ERA V instead of the NAD phono stage and that was an eyeopener.

When my NAD died I went completely old school and bought a Tube/Valve amplifier and from that point on my SACD player has been relegated to another room. Very recently I have upgraded my cartridge and replaced the ERA with an Accession and my enjoyment of records has just grown enormously.

I still listen to digital at my desk but if I really want to "listen" it is records every time.

thanks for sharing your journey. and yes. i guess that's what i want to experience for myself!
mooncalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooncalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:07am
Originally posted by BAK BAK wrote:

The Swissonic Converter mentioned by Chris is a good choice IMHO due to it is powered by 9vdc and not by 5vdc (or USB).
 A unit powered by 9vdc can be more reliable and have better headroom.

this is great info to know. thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic