FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession MC or Era Gold V & Elevator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Hackfall View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hackfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 11:29am
Thumbs Up
Andrew
Naim Supernait 3, Project Xpression1, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Naim ND5XS2, Naim NAT05, Neat Motive SX1.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 7:03pm
The AccMC was a game changer for me and my record collection.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Hackfall View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hackfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:03pm
Hi All,

Many thanks for the help and advice. I demoed the turntables today and was completely blown away by the Well Tempered Versalex. It seemed to step-back and just let the music flow, very impressed. 
I will contact John once I get a date for delivery of the Versalex and try to arrange the loan an Accession MC and an Elevator which I can pair with my Era Gold as a comparison.  

Thanks
Andrew
Naim Supernait 3, Project Xpression1, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Naim ND5XS2, Naim NAT05, Neat Motive SX1.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 8:37am
The Well Tempered Versalex is a very interesting design with some unique features -
the arm in particular.
Well Tempered decks seem to have slipped under the radar of many of us - must take the time to
listen to one.Thumbs Up

Hackfall View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hackfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:13am
Depending on your ‘ear’ highly recommend.
Andrew
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 5:03pm
To couple or not to couple…

Seems the initiative from the Scottish Company is to increase the coupling between the arm and main bearing with a billet machined sub chassis for an eye watering amount. Yet here is a ball sat in silicon hung off fishing line (probably a bit more technical than that) effectively decoupling the whole arrangement.

It’s interesting, you’d think that there was a “right” way to build a turntable by now. I wouldn’t personally have the foggiest btw. Shut your eyes and trust your lugholes.

I’ve got an Orbe and I’ve noticed you can buy a kit to decouple the arm from the chassis going against the original directly coupled design. I can feel an experiment coming on.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Hackfall View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hackfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:06pm
Hi Ernie,

I put the Versalex into the demo as a 'wildcard', after someone I was speaking to mentioned it was worth listening to a Well Tempered turntable. I did some research, found very few reviews, however the ones that were out there were mainly positive. 
Without hurting Bill Firebaugh's feelings, its does look as though it was constructed in a shed at the bottom of the garden, using a good portion of the contents!LOL 
As I have learnt with HiFi in the past, don't judge before you have listened. The sound was natural, open, detailed and had a pace and drive that reminded me of listening to music live. It made me want to listen to all of the record and then grab another one. If this is what decoupling does, bring it on!
Hopefully I have been removed the upgrade gravy train, apart from a different make of golf ball, squash ball or grade of fishing line. I can sit back any enjoy! Although, the cartridge conundrum is still ever presentSmile 

Edited by Hackfall - 15 Mar 2023 at 9:13pm
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic