FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

A static magnet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 11:20pm
I'm leaning towards a 2 mm mat just to keep things simple as I don't have the expertise to adjust things to compensate for a thicker mat (the Rega supplied mat is 2 mm).

Both the Origin Live and Herbie’s Way Excellent II are intriguing. I suspect I'll order both, try them on for size and keep the one I like better.

Naim Supernait 3
Rega P8
Ortofon 2M Bronze
Naim CD5x
Flatcap 2
Rotel T11 tuner
AudioQuest Rocket 88s
Audioquest Chicago interconnect
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:01am
Good choice always trust your own ears. The VTA or vertical tracking angle is not that hard to do, but that said I'm not familiar with Rega TTs. All you are doing is setting the tonearm so that it sits level when playing a record. May I suggest youtube as on there there is are a lot of vary good videos on how to do it you may even find one for your particular TT.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 7:46pm
Funny thing about any Rega TT - you don't have VTA adjustability per se. There are spacers available to assist in keeping things level though...
Naim Supernait 3
Rega P8
Ortofon 2M Bronze
Naim CD5x
Flatcap 2
Rotel T11 tuner
AudioQuest Rocket 88s
Audioquest Chicago interconnect
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 8:04pm
I can't think why Rega don't have VTA adjustment they must know people will wont to use different stylus. I say I can't think but one thing springs to mint are there own stylus the same sort of size and their trying to keep things in house or they offer spacers themselves. Spacers must make things harder, I like what I had to do and that was with just using allen key.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 8:19pm
You are right that the Rega cartridges are shorter than most but they do sell spacers including that allows adjustment in 1mm increments.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 8:29pm
One mm adjustments. Not good enough for fine tuning as I have had to do in the past but I suppose it's better than nothing and you can always buy a set of feeler gauges and make your own fine adjusters.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic