FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

A remote control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 11:31pm
A remote volume control is helpful. I use my AV one a lot.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 8:24pm
When it come's to the TV and Blu-ray player I use it a lot, Not into AV but I did once think of connecting my amp up to the TV but that was another thing I didn't get round to doing, one of the reasons was, my speakers are set up to optimise my musical pleasure and as my room is small it would have been difficult to get a balance between the both.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 9:02pm
I must admit I don't get up to change the Proprius volume much, more setting a session listening level.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

A remote control
(actually, I'm trying to do something that Bob has been wishing for, for years, but don't build his hopes up)
Hopes duly lowered! LOL
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:11am
Originally posted by TheScorpionsTale TheScorpionsTale wrote:

Oh for the remote which will turn the LP over, clean the record, and set the stylus down again... LOL
Isn't that called a CD player? WinkLOL
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 11:27am
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

When it come's to the TV and Blu-ray player I use it a lot, Not into AV but I did once think of connecting my amp up to the TV but that was another thing I didn't get round to doing, one of the reasons was, my speakers are set up to optimise my musical pleasure and as my room is small it would have been difficult to get a balance between the both.
My TVs have all been connected up to the stereo - I've done it for decades.
Initially using RCA phono cables (long ones), and now over Toslink into an external DAC, and into the stereo rig.

Nowadays, with flat screen TVs, it really helps improve the intelligibility and sound, because the built in speakers don't have a cabinet as such to make things better.

My stereo amp has a remote control, so the sound is level adjusted when necessary.
Movies, football, Youtube, iPlayer (and others) all get regularly played over the stereo rig, and all sound much better for it.

What was this bit about optimising your musical pleasure?
What's that all about?
Great speakers are great speakers, and should be able to handle everything thrown at it irrespective of being music or not.

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Chris Firth Chris Firth wrote:

[QUOTE=lfc jon]

What was this bit about optimising your musical pleasure?
What's that all about?
Great speakers are great speakers, and should be able to handle everything thrown at it irrespective of being music or not.

My TV can only go in one place and that's in the corner next to the window, so to get a good stereo image would be a problem plus my speakers need space, as up agaist the wall the bass become's over powering. One speaker in the corner and the other next to a wall is not going to be good for sound quality plus I'd have one speaker closer to me than the other, As it is I have to move them every time I want to listen to my HiFi.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic