FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Why Vinyl??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 6:44pm
It was the tape decay.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 8:03am
An interesting read if you haven't already read it: https://issuu.com/headlinerhub/docs/headliner_22/52

It's an interview with an Abbey Road Studios mastering engineer. It shows that the quality of the record depends on the engineer's discipline, and I suppose also on which engineer the studio chooses.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 9:31am
Interesting. Not surprised by (3 comment in the final paragraph about tuning to lofi.
Robnpg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robnpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:53pm
For me Vinyl is more engaging especially when I have the time to go through the process of picking a record, setting it up on the table, etc etc. But digital works when I just want to quickly fire up some songs.  
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 3:45pm
Hi Robert
I totally agree with you on that. For me it's CD, when it is late at night ( and have had a beer or two ) Better off with a CD on than a record playing, falling to sleep and wearing the needle and the vinyl out plus you can't play vinyl in the car. So for me Digital has it's place, I do have good recordings on both CD and Vinyl. BUT you can't beat going to see a good live band

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Hi Robert
I totally agree with you on that. For me it's CD, when it is late at night ( and have had a beer or two ) Better off with a CD on than a record playing, falling to sleep and wearing the needle and the vinyl out plus you can't play vinyl in the car. So for me Digital has it's place, I do have good recordings on both CD and Vinyl. BUT you can't beat going to see a good live band

Jonathan

So true. What I miss most at the moment (and for the foreseeable, alas - at least in the UK). Vinyl is wonderful, digital has its rightful place(s) - but the live experience is by definition unique - good, bad, ugly - or all three. Like Eric Dolphy said - "gone in the air"....
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 8:51pm
I don't care much for form. If online download, CD and vinyl all had equivalent quality and availability, I would choose download. Instead I choose CD because download quality is poor and vinyl is unavailable/expensive, too big to store and can be tedious to set up and operate. But I'm a music lover, not an audiophile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic