FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Which direction to take?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 7:27am
Guy,
   If you like the RP6, wait just a little longer and get the Ania cartridge (MC) if MC is where you want to go. I’ve heard and thought it was quite excellent. Sweetening the deal is the Rega dealer offer of buying them as a bundle and saving plenty on the cartridge. Reviews of that combo ring true to my listening experience.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Pwog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

Welcome to the forum Colin.
In deciding which way to go, the first consideration has to be budget. A good MM such as those from Audio Technica, Nagaoka or Ortofon and A Reflex M will give you a most satisfying combination, even the Gram Amp 2SE will be a significant improvement over many phono stages.
Moving up to the Accession MM will bring about the best sound you'll get from MM.
Going on to MC cartridges will require considerably more investment to better the best of MM in my opinion. If your budget runs to good MCs then I believe that the Accession MC will get the best from them, but that is uncharted territory for me as yet.
The loan program is quite unique and an excellent way to decide on what you want.

Happy Listening
Ian 

Thanks for posting this Ian. I am currently using a Sumiko Blue Point Special on my turntable, but tomorrow I will be switching that out for an Ortofon 2M Bronze. I was in the same boat as Colin, wondering if I should stay on the MC track or switch to MM. In the end I decided to switch to MM, thanks to posts like yours and other research I did. I am in the process of organizing a loan program so I can make a decision between the Era Gold, Reflex M and Accession M.
Paul
Acoustic Research ES-1, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Ayre C-5xemp disc player, Dynaco SCA-35 (updated), Dynaco ST-70 (updated and modified), Revel performa M20, Accession M, CuSat 50 interconnects
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic