FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What speakers do you use with your Proprius?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

Hi All,
  So I think there are at least three of us using PMCs. Gb1i, Fact 8 and Twenty5.22. Maybe we should lobby PMC to ditch their own amp and use Graham’s products! 
Mick.
Good idea, Mick! My Gb1is sound fantastic driven by the Proprii Big smile

Edit: not forgetting the Spatia cable and links!

Edited by morris_minor - 20 Jul 2018 at 10:41am
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 9:05pm
At the budget end I bought a pair of second hand KEF Q100 speakers to be my home cinema front speaker because they are much smaller than the open baffles I had been using and also to explore the coaxial UniQ drivers.

Naturally I hooked the Q100's up to my Proprius amps and was quite impressed at the sound quality they give at a low price. It's also hard to overlook the amount of low bass they push out from a quite small mid/bass cone, but the sound is a littel rougher and less revealing than my GX300's which cost a lot more. So that's yet another speaker type I've enjoyed with the exellent proprius amps.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

Hi All,
  So I think there are at least three of us using PMCs. Gb1i, Fact 8 and Twenty5.22. Maybe we should lobby PMC to ditch their own amp and use Graham’s products! 
Mick.
Good idea, Mick! My Gb1is sound fantastic driven by the Proprii Big smile

Edit: not forgetting the Spatia cable and links!

I'm also using a pair of DNMs 😉 with my Proprius since last Christmas. A very nice pair of Twenty.23 floorstanders, also paired with Spatia cables and links. They're quite fussy about source I've found but a great record sounds absolutely smashing. Can't believe the large sound coming from those tiny drivers and the slender cabinets.

Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 9:42pm
hi Johan,
  Indeed it’s enormous! I had to choose tweet the 22 and 23 when I bought, and it was very difficult to do so. I think they all look fantastic, too. Domestically acceptable AND wonderful sound.
Cheers,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Fuzzy View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:21am
I wonder what the Klipsch RP-150m would sound like (considering their - from what I understand - very clear highs and somewhat neutral midrange?) when connected to the Propriuses.

Edited by Fuzzy - 12 Mar 2019 at 10:26am
Jan

Majestic DAC
Proprius
Gram Amp 2 SE
Solo SRGII
Solo ULDE
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:13pm
Jan,
  I sometimes wonder how great it would be to have an unlimited supply of different speakers to discover things like that. A friend of mine loves his Klipsch pair (sorry, not source which model, but I know they’re aren’t terribly big), but we’ve not gotten around to doing an amp swap. I’m always fascinated by how different speakers can sound depending on amplification.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Bags View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 9:47pm
I've been running Monitor Audio RS6s on the end of my Proprii for a while now.  They've been excellent for everything but imaging so I thought I'd treat myself to a set of stand mounted speakers.  Having auditioned some current well reviewed ones I was less than impressed so I started wondering and some of those classic studio monitors.

No bookshelf style speaker is going to produce deep bass but many now give up around the 50hz mark and assume that you will use a subwoofer.

To cut a long story short I chanced on a pair of immaculate Tannoy 607 mk2s. One thing that attracted me to them was an 8'" bass driver which you don't often see in a stand mount but might result in better bass.The only review I could find online was for the mk1  which basically said some fine engineering but the result was a troubled midrange so avoid for any sort of vocal use.

We'll to my ears it looks like they sorted it for the MK2.  They image well, mid range is a treat.  The tweeter is of its time but is still nice and detailed with none of the harshness you often hear  in earl metal domes.  You can hear the benefits of the larger bass driver as bass detail is as good as I've heard in a stand mount.

The online review compared the 607 to Rogers LS7s which still sell for the wrong side of £500 but I'd suggest the mk2s are probably in that ball park.

I paid less than £50 for a near immaculate pair complete with the matching stands.

If you see some for sale near you for that sort of money give them a go.  To my ears, you'd have to spend almost a grand to get a new pair of stand mounts of similar quality.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic